Daunte Culpepper to Miami?

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
do you know anything about the vikings doomsday? The REASON they played better in the second half was thier defense.

Not B.J

When Culp was healthy the defense was horrible, next to last in every category.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Culp played... TB,CIN,No,ATL,CHI,GB

Brad played... CAR,det,NYG,Gb,Cle,Det,St.L,PIT,BAL

You telling me Culpepper played the same competition as brad?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Muhast said:
Culp played... TB,CIN,No,ATL,CHI,GB

Brad played... CAR,det,NYG,Gb,Cle,Det,St.L,PIT,BAL

You telling me Culpepper played the same competition as brad?

Pretty much and I'm telling you he looked bad very bad sorry if you can't see that. The Vike rallied around Johnson and Johnson outplayed Culpepper. Danta is overrated

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
your right, 4000+ yards, 37 td's last year, with only 800 of that going to moss. and he is overrated? lmao

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Muhast said:
do you know anything about the vikings doomsday? The REASON they played better in the second half was thier defense.

Not B.J

When Culp was healthy the defense was horrible, next to last in every category.

Make your sorry excuses for someone else, yes I saw pleanty of vikes games this year and I saw Culpepper play some of the worst football I have seen from a QB as in 12 ints and 6 TD. I guess his defense forced him to play like ****.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Muhast said:
your right, 4000+ yards, 37 td's last year, with only 800 of that going to moss. and he is overrated? lmao

Yes overrated and had our QB played like that you would be screaming like a little girl about that. yes Culpepper over rated big time!

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Muhast said:
B.J played one of the EASIEST schedules in the history of the nfl.

EXACTLY!!! I cnat believe that ESPN and them started saying Minnesota were a threat. Beside NY, they hadn't beat 1 good team. Johnson didn't go out and do anything of value agaiinst good teams, and whne it came down to keepin playoff hopes alive, he failed.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Doomsday why don't you actually offer some evidence in your arguments now? Culpeppers defense sucked so they had no choice but to pass. I'd take him in a heartbeat ,healthy ,over bledsoe qc hutch stoerner leaf _____insert name here.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
EXACTLY!!! I cnat believe that ESPN and them started saying Minnesota were a threat. Beside NY, they hadn't beat 1 good team. Johnson didn't go out and do anything of value agaiinst good teams, and whne it came down to keepin playoff hopes alive, he failed.

And how many playoffs has Culpepper brought to minn? Last year 8-8 oh yeah that is what legends are made of.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Muhast said:
Doomsday why don't you actually offer some evidence in your arguments now? Culpeppers defense sucked so they had no choice but to pass. I'd take him in a heartbeat ,healthy ,over bledsoe qc hutch stoerner leaf _____insert name here.

I don't see Minn going to the playoffs under Culpepper. I do recall him blowing a chance aginst the Cards a couple years back when all they had to do was beat a sorry arz team to get there. I also find it funny that you list QC, Hutch, Stoner and Leaf. Talk about some great company

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
i was saying, compared to who we have had, i'd take daunte with open arms.

Also, Culpepper didnt blow the Ari game, that was the defense. He wasn't the one who pushed the wr out of bounds in the end zone

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Muhast said:
i was saying, compared to who we have had, i'd take daunte with open arms.

Also, Culpepper didnt blow the Ari game, that was the defense. He wasn't the one who pushed the wr out of bounds in the end zone

Well geez that is not saying a lot. As for the arz game Minn was not putting up big points in that game and blew oppertunities as well on offense. My point is what has Culpepper done? not much and neither has the vikes.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Well geez that is not saying a lot. As for the arz game Minn was not putting up big points in that game and blew oppertunities as well on offense. My point is what has Culpepper done? not much and neither has the vikes.
In 2004 and he had one of the 10 best seasons EVER by a quarterback in the NFL.

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
2004 Minnesota Vikings 16 16 548 379 69.2 4717 8.61 82 39 11 46/238 63 18 110.9

He also had 2 other seasons over a 95 in QB rating. And he is still young.

Here's what he has done:

Professional Information:
Enters his 6th season as the Vikings starter in 2005... Signed 10-year contract extension on 5/9/03...Has thrown a TD pass in 21 straight games, a streak that is alive entering the 2005 season and trails his own team record of 24...Has the 3rd-highest career passer rating in NFL history at 93.2...Set the 4th-highest passer rating in a season in NFL history at 110.9 in 2004...Started 2nd Pro Bowl of his career following the 2003 season...Set Vikings record by completing 69.2% of his passes in 2004...Holds 3 of the top 4 single-season passer ratings in team history, 110.9 in 2004, 98.0 in 2000 and 96.4 in 2003... Joins Tommy Kramer and Warren Moon as the only Vikings QBs with multiple 3,000-yard passing seasons...Set Vikings record by hitting 60% of his passes in 14 games (minimum 20 attempts in 2004...Has accounted for 157 career TDs (129 passing, 28 rushing)...Ranks 3rd in Vikings history with 73 career starts, trailing only Fran Tarkenton (171) and Tommy Kramer (110)...Ranks 3rd in Vikings history with 129 TD passes, trailing Fran Tarkenton (239) and Tommy Kramer (159)...Ranks 3rd in Vikings history with 18,598 yards passing, trailing Fran Tarkenton (33,098) and Tommy Kramer (25,775)...Ranks 2nd in Vikings history with 54 career pass plays of 40+ yards, trailing Fran Tarkenton (84)...Ranks 3rd in Vikings history with 24 career pass plays of 50+ yards, trailing Fran Tarkenton (36) and Tommy Kramer (26)...Ranks tied for 2nd in Vikings history with 10 pass plays of 60+ yards, matching Tommy Kramer and trailing Fran Tarkenton's 17...Has completed 60% of his passes in 47 of his 73 career starts...Has gone over the 100.0 mark in passer rating in 29 career games (including playoffs), holding a 23-6 record in those starts. His 29 games of 100+ points ranks 2nd behind only Fran Tarkenton's team record of 37...Has thrown for 300+ yards in 18 career games, trailing only Tommy Kramer's 19 in team history...Has run for or passed or a TD in 64 of his 73 career starts...Ranks 12th in Vikings history with 2,329 rushing yards...Ranks tied for 6th in Vikings history with 28 rushing TDs...In 2002 joined RB Moe Williams (11 TDs) to become only the 3rd tandem in NFL history to each run for 10+ TDs in a season, joining Green Bay's Paul Hornung (13) and Jim Taylor (11) in 1960 and Baltimore's Lydell Mitchell (11) and Don McCauley (10) in 1975...His 10 rushing TDs in 2002 were the 4th-most most by a QB in NFL history, trailing Steve Grogan's 12 in 1976 for New England, Tobin Rote's 11 in 1956 for Green Bay and Kordell Stewart's 11 for Pittsburgh in 1997...Became only the 3rd QB in NFL history to run for 5+ TDs in 3 consecutive seasons, joining Green Bay's Tobin Rote (1954-56) and Cleveland's Otto Graham (1953-55)...Enjoyed record-setting breakout season in 2000 that saw him earn the starting spot for the NFC in the Pro Bowl after not throwing an NFL pass as a rookie in 1999...Has been named NFC Offensive Player of the Week 3 times in his career...Named to the 2000 All-Pro Team by USA Today...Named the 2000 NFL Quarterback of the Year by the National Quarterback Club...Won the ESPY Award from ESPN as the Breakthrough Athlete of the Year for 2000...Named to 2000 Pro Football Weekly All-NFC team...Led the NFC and tied for the NFL lead with 33 TD passes in 2000...Set numerous team records, including throwing for 3+ TDs in 7 games on the 2000 season, having a 60% or better completion percentage in 9 games on the season...In 2000 became only the 5th QB in NFL history to have 40 combined rushing and passing TDs in a season (33 passing, 7 rushing), joining Dan Marino, Steve Young, Kurt Warner and Brett Favre...Set a Vikings postseason record with a 120.7 QB rating in the Divisional Playoff game vs. New Orleans (1/6/01) as well as becoming the 1st Vikings QB to throw 2 passes of 50+ yards in a playoff game and only the 3rd QB in Vikings history to throw for 300+ yards in a playoff game...Has thrown for 300+ yards 12 times in his career, ranking 2nd behind only Tommy Kramer (19).

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Oh and even this season where he repeatedly played like "****" he managed to put up 300 yards passing, 3 TDs no picks versus NO and 280 yards, 2 TDs passing and no picks versus GB. Seems there might be something to the opponent being strong theory. He put up some horrid games against tough opponents on the road. Especially at Cincy, Chicago and ATL.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chris Chambers better than Randy Moss??

:lmao2:

Zman5

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Wow....I read this last week and thought Culpepper may just do it....where there is smoke they is fire.

Where there is smoke there is Ricky Williams. :D