Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Dave Shepherd's offseason NFL Power Rankings
By Dave Shepherd
03/13/06

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/nfl-power-rankings130306.php#top

TIDBIT OF NFC EAST ONLY:

10. New York Giants
It was hard to tell which Manning was playing for the Giants in the playoffs – Eli, or Peyton? Eli has the benefit of that being his first time, and none of the other first time quarterbacks did well. However, he’ll be ready for next year, and the Giants should challenge for the NFC East again.

11. Washington Commanders
Losing LaVar Arrington is going to hurt, as the Commanders will need someone to step up and fill the hole left on defense. If they want to challenge for the division, they’ll need a much better offense this year. If it wasn’t for some late game collapses by their opponents, they wouldn’t have made the playoffs. I don’t think they’ll be able to make the playoffs next year, unless they pull in one heck of a draft class.

15. Dallas Cowboys
They had a few late-season collapses which hurt them in the end, culminating with them missing the playoffs. Usually that’s a sign of inexperience, but the Cowboys shouldn’t have had those problems. If they can find the one or two missing pieces in either the draft or free agency, the Cowboys will be able to compete for the NFC East.

17. Philadelphia Eagles
Still recovering from the aftermath of Terrell Owens, the Eagles have a few holes that need to be filled. The injury bug didn’t help their cause last year, and thus their record is a little misleading. While it’s doubtful they’ll find themselves on top of the division, they could make it to the playoffs – just maybe.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
How stupid is this guy making a power rankings before the draft and before the end of free agency ?

You have to be kidding me.

He has the Commanders as the 5th best team in the NFC yet, has them missing the playoffs ? Could it happen of course, but to list LaVar as a main catalyst reason, when he barely played over the last 2 years is just mind-numbing.

The NFCE should be the toughest division in football... again. There is going to be little margin for error (IMO) for any of these teams. The Eagles will be healthy and will surely find someone to replace Terrible Owens, opposite Reggie Brown to keep teams honest, The Cowboys will address their OL and S needs, the Giants will try to shore up their secondary and LB corps.

[/rant off] Sorry guys.

juice28

Reaction score
Who is Dave Shepherd and why should we we care? Not trying to be funny. Is the guy a guru or something or just an idiot with an opinion?

mbanx

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I say we are SUPER BOWL bound baby! TO will lead the way!

Hey Crazy your crazy:D I am not that high on getting TO simply from a pride standpoint w/ what he did to the star. With that being said if he can play nice and play with some fire and he comes here so be it, I have no control over that and I just want the Cowboys to win. TO will not lead us to the SB that would be somebody more like Bledsoe, I do not think TO is a leader at all. :star: