Day 3 of the draft was horrible

funkytown

Reaction score
What did the Cowboys give up to trade back into the draft? For a 4th string TE.

I've heard they gave up a 6th next year, but have not seen that confirmed anywhere.

If that's true, that was a horrible move. They already had 2 7th rounders and could have drafted Swaim if they liked him that much. I know we should have more picks next year due to compensatory picks but this one is a head scratcher for me.

I really feel like the draft took a huge tumble after the 2nd round. Jones and Gregory were great picks. Chaz Green was a reach in the 3rd but I understand the need for a swing tackle. If the scouts like this guy who are we to judge after their success with drafting on the o-line.

But rounds 4-7 were ugly. I hate to say it folks but it looks like we got drunk on success after the Gregory pick. Reaches on Wilson and Russell. 25 year old DE from Germany in the 7th?

No RB drafted. No return man. No defensive tackles. No safety. I do not like the 3rd day of this draft.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Without access to other team's boards, how are you determining reach? Or are you just using the same information that had multiple guys picked on day 3 slotted in the first or second? Or are you just whining?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Read and listen to the Cowboy brass about each pick and forget what the mainstream clueless media said. It will ease your mind.