Day 3 Thread

MikeT22

Reaction score
I was never high on the RB class. Personally they can find a guy in round 6 or 7 that could be productive behind the OL they have put together.
If that’s the case then I guess we are good with Deice from late last draft.

It’s hilarious the extremes some go to. While it’s one thing to not draft a RB in the first, it’s entirely wishful thinking you will hit on one in the 5th-7th.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Alright, this is the first player the Cowboys have drafted I haven't watched. Quickly looking it up, the only cutup on youtube is against Kansas State; which is also the only game of consequence on his schedule.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
in the 7th I like DT Lovett and Rogers, DE Harrell, C/G Turner lll.

UDFA's RB Milton or Holani, TE Rex, DT Simmons, LB Hunter or Jett, DE Green, CB Torrence or Beanie Bishop Jr., S Owens.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Supposedly, like Nacua last year, Flournoy had the fastest position drills time for receivers at the combine based on the GPS field sensors used to track player movement.
Roll off the dice on traits. Definitely a talked about small school prospect.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Alright, this is the first player the Cowboys have drafted I haven't watched. Quickly looking it up, the only cutup on youtube is against Kansas State; which is also the only game of consequence on his schedule.
Watched him vs. Kansas State.

Pros: Saw some quickness on the break. Can maintain possession in traffic. Showed some extension. Fights and refuses to go down, even if he doesn't convert into YAC. Has some sustain as a run blocker. Played a mixture of X, Y, & Z receiver.

Cons: Didn't handle contact well as a route runner. Didn't really see vertical threat ability; albeit you can see his 40 time shows he can do it. Didn't convert physicality into actual production running after the catch. A few struggles gripping the defender on run blocks. Going to turn 25 during the season.

Overall: I'm good with the value in the 6th round.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Didn't watch Nathan Thomas. I just know we're in the 7th round and he can't be worse than Javion Cohen on my board, so I'm good.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Zerlein had him in the 4th.

If that was that the best on the board, I’m good. Anything to put Ball and Waletzko on notice.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Listening to the interview on the Draft Show, Thomas impresses as a well-grounded, cerebral kid.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Finally got someone to replace Mazi's in Mazi's old slot in the depth chart. Been tellin anyone who'd listen, that was gonna happen. In fact... I'm no Nostradamus... but maybe more than I ever remember, this draft pretty much went exactly as I'd predicted.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Just got done watching Nathan Thomas. Gave him a 5th; maybe 6th round grade if I'm being fair, so he's decent value in the 7th round. My main takeaway is that grade is at guard and I would not play him at tackle.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I have to do some tape watching for some of these late round picks but man Carson is arguably the best pick we made next to Beebe IMO.