Draft Day ***Day TWO Draft thread*** NO SPOILERS

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
As much criticism we have given to our front office, I give them accolades and credit for the first three rounds and they are outdrafting the Eagles so far.

cowboyec

Reaction score
my want list at 123...Rd4
de curtis weaver boise st
de alton robinson syracuse
de jason strowbridge nc
de kenny willikes mich st
de khalid kareem notre dame
dt leki fotu utah
cb bryce hall virginia
cb amik robertson la tech
cb aj green oklahoma st
cb troy pride notre dame
ot saahdiq charles lsu

just gimmie 1

MojaveJT

Reaction score
As much criticism we have given to our front office, I give them accolades and credit for the first three rounds and they are outdrafting the Eagles so far.

Crazy how a coaching staff change full of competent coaches make a world of difference from clueless coaches.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Good 3 rounds. Now draft some OL depth tomorrow, sign one of the remaining top DE in free agency and call it an offseason

CCBoy

Reaction score

1. Dallas Cowboys Day 2 grades:

Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama

Strengths: Technique, NFL-readiness

Weaknesses: Lack of elite traits

Diggs is the younger brother of Bills receiver Stefon Diggs. When their father died, Stefon became a father figure for Trevon.

"He's like my dad, honestly," Diggs said of his brother at the combine. "He has always taken care of me. I always ask him everything, no matter what. Two o'clock in the morning, I'm asking him questions."

The brothers were too far apart in age for Trevon to be able to cover Stefon in the playground growing up. So what does Trevon think it will be like to cover Stefon in the NFL?

"I feel like it will be easy," Diggs said at the combine. He then paused and made a face to make it clear that he was kidding.

The rest of this draft grade is standard Alabama defender boilerplate. Diggs is technically sound and assignment-clean, makes adjustments on the fly and communicates well with fellow defenders, and has the athleticism to handle most matchups. He's no size-speed marvel, and he's a lunging tackler who can get shaken off by tougher ball-carriers, but the Cowboys can just drop Diggs into their secondary and not worry about him for the next few years.

So, the Cowboys significantly upgraded their receiving corps with CeeDee Lamb in the first round and then easily replaced Byron Jones with this pick. Jerry Jones is crushing this draft. Maybe we should all make our decisions on weird couches in the middle of creepy all-white rooms.

Grade: A

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2888450-nfl-draft-2020-day-2-grades-for-every-pick

Big_C_KU

Reaction score
Very pleased with the first 3 rounds. Thought this was one of their best starts to the draft when it comes to need vs big board. They got guys who were probably high on their boards that also fit needs.

Lamb- Fit the need at slot WR and was much higher on their board than the 17th overall pick.

Diggs- Got consideration for being picked in the 20s shortly after the season. Ended up getting him at 51. CB a huge need.

Gallimore- Huge need at DT with aging veterans lined up to play inside at the moment. Didn’t seem like any type of reach either.

Over the next 2 rounds with 3 picks there are a lot of DEs and TEs that could be targeted that I wouldn’t mind seeing Dallas draft. Not really high on much of the LBs or S left so hope if they select one it’s just not a major reach.

Oneiros

Reaction score
my want list at 123...Rd4
de curtis weaver boise st
de alton robinson syracuse
de jason strowbridge nc
de kenny willikes mich st
de khalid kareem notre dame
dt leki fotu utah
cb bryce hall virginia
cb amik robertson la tech
cb aj green oklahoma st
cb troy pride notre dame
ot saahdiq charles lsu

just gimmie 1
Leki Fotu would be nice. So would Troy Pride.

I also wouldn't be against Harrison Bryant if he continues to drop and that's nothing against Jarwin who I like.

Sadly, after we passed on Burgess there isn't a safety that I'd draft at this point. Maybe Robinson late due to his XFL experience?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love this draft

Bring on day three.
I'm counting days till TC

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Great draft, love all three picks!!!!

Man, what did I tell you guys, get rid of Clappy and his band of idiots and get some dam coaches that actually know what the hell is going on and BOOM!!!

You see the results.

Macnalty

Reaction score

1. Dallas Cowboys Day 2 grades:

Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama

Strengths: Technique, NFL-readiness

Weaknesses: Lack of elite traits

Diggs is the younger brother of Bills receiver Stefon Diggs. When their father died, Stefon became a father figure for Trevon.

"He's like my dad, honestly," Diggs said of his brother at the combine. "He has always taken care of me. I always ask him everything, no matter what. Two o'clock in the morning, I'm asking him questions."

The brothers were too far apart in age for Trevon to be able to cover Stefon in the playground growing up. So what does Trevon think it will be like to cover Stefon in the NFL?

"I feel like it will be easy," Diggs said at the combine. He then paused and made a face to make it clear that he was kidding.

The rest of this draft grade is standard Alabama defender boilerplate. Diggs is technically sound and assignment-clean, makes adjustments on the fly and communicates well with fellow defenders, and has the athleticism to handle most matchups. He's no size-speed marvel, and he's a lunging tackler who can get shaken off by tougher ball-carriers, but the Cowboys can just drop Diggs into their secondary and not worry about him for the next few years.

So, the Cowboys significantly upgraded their receiving corps with CeeDee Lamb in the first round and then easily replaced Byron Jones with this pick. Jerry Jones is crushing this draft. Maybe we should all make our decisions on weird couches in the middle of creepy all-white rooms.

Grade: A

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2888450-nfl-draft-2020-day-2-grades-for-every-pick
CCboys love all your posts but disagree with the bleacher report, Diggs is not a direct replacement for Jones that is soo wrong. He showed up to bama as a receiver, and has only just begun to learn the ropes of playing CB, has a real tendency to not groupthink and in college his speed allowed him to make up for those lapses in judgement. Just tap the brakes he is going to be good, just not so much year one. Great pick at 51 just lets be realistic with his current talent. Now Lamb is going to redefine this offense with his play in the slot. Compared to last years draft this is a grand slam just through rd 3