DayDreaming, But Undefeated in the NFC East?

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
is it possible?

When was the last time?

Should I consult the Magic 8 Ball?

:D

Mansta54

Reaction score
Chan Gailey went undefeated in the EAST when he was here...

Gordon

Reaction score
I'd say it's more probable than just possible at this point. I think it's clear that the Cowboys are a cut or two above the Eagles and Skins and should win no matter where the game is played. That said, division games can be funny sometimes.

zeromaster

Reaction score
Someone, anyone...

Get a picture of a magic 8-ball smashed into little pieces, before I buy one and do it myself. :D

Eddie

Reaction score
One game at a time. Skins always play us tough.

This is going to be an amazing game.

I'm just hoping it's on in the NY area. Otherwise, I may have to drive down to DC to watch it. ha ha

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You know, I was thinking about the same thing. We are superior to the Commanders, good enough that playing them in Washington shouldn't make a difference. I don't see this team losing in the division.

EndGame

Reaction score
It seems to me that I recall the Skins beating Dallas in one or two of the team's Super Bowl runs, and vice-versa. As has been mentioned, division games can be funny sometimes. Records don't mean much.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
EndGame;1761523 said:
It seems to me that I recall the Skins beating Dallas in one or two of the team's Super Bowl runs, and vice-versa. As has been mentioned, division games can be funny sometimes. Records don't mean much.

Agreed. It can get crazy during divisional games... ball bounces funny... lucky this or that.....

Your username says it all.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
It's only happened once and we did it. It was when AZ was still in the NFCE. We went 8-8 that year. :laugh2:

Jake0

Reaction score
We won't go undefeated in the division because in week 17 we'll be resting our starters cause home field will be wrapped up, skins win in garbage time. This is all assuming we beat green bay though of course.... waiting for that one.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1761569 said:
It's only happened once and we did it. It was when AZ was still in the NFCE. We went 8-8 that year. :laugh2:

You're thinking of '99, but that wasn't the season we ran the table in the division, it was '98, when we went 10-6 in Gailey's first year.

It would be considerably peculiar if Gailey and Phillips end up holding the claim as the only Cowboys coaches to ever go undefeated in the East considering who else has manned the position over the team's history!

I Bleed B&G

I Can't Stop the Bleeding
Reaction score
HighTechDave;1761444 said:
is it possible?

When was the last time?

Should I consult the Magic 8 Ball?

:D

Keep dreaming son. Your first NFC East loss comes this weekend when you face an actual team with a winning record.

HighTechDave

Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761932 said:
Keep dreaming son. Your first NFC East loss comes this weekend when you face an actual team with a winning record.

again,,,, blablablablablabla. All I'm hearing is white noise.

Your Owner has been trying to "out spend" to win the NFC East, and look where it has him. Still Short and Stupid

joseephuss

Reaction score
jcblanco22;1761924 said:
You're thinking of '99, but that wasn't the season we ran the table in the division, it was '98, when we went 10-6 in Gailey's first year.

It would be considerably peculiar if Gailey and Phillips end up holding the claim as the only Cowboys coaches to ever go undefeated in the East considering who else has manned the position over the team's history!

The 97 Giants are the only other team to go undefeated against its NFC East division rivals. They went 7-0-1 with that tie coming against the Commanders.

HighTechDave

Reaction score
joseephuss;1761953 said:
The 97 Giants are the only other team to go undefeated against its NFC East division rivals. They went 7-0-1 with that tie coming against the Commanders.

man I can't believe I forgot about that.. thanks! One of the few ties

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

Pear sure has an imagination.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score

I guess beating the Giants twice doesnt matter. You know, the team you LOST to.

Go away.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score

we just beat the giants...we face a shotty team this week. Son