Daytona 500

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Did anybody watch this? I did not even know it happened, who won or if it aired at all anywhere on tv. NASCAR seems pretty dead at this point. Since Jeff Gordon retired I have not watched more than ten laps of any race but I do take notice of the Daytona 500 but this year it completely escaped my mind. Im still in football mode, with the combine this week. Draft is only 7 weeks way it comes up fast.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did anybody watch this? I did not even know it happened, who won or if it aired at all anywhere on tv. NASCAR seems pretty dead at this point.
It's not dead but it is far from what it used to be. All the big name drivers are gone. Most of the drivers now are interchangeable.

I still watch because I love the sport but FF through most of it. It's just not the same. Especially since #3.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
It's not dead but it is far from what it used to be. All the big name drivers are gone. Most of the drivers now are interchangeable.

I still watch because I love the sport but FF through most of it. It's just not the same. Especially since #3.
Absolutely.

NASCAR turned their backs on their core fan group chasing corporate dollars and acceptance by societal elites

They screwed themselves. My dad and I used to have season Tix to Talladega and Bristol.

Now I don't even pay attention anymore. Even for big races most of the time the bleachers are half empty, or more.

Sad what happened but they deserved it. They turned their back people who were loyal fans for decades