DB's tommorrow

DFWJC

Reaction score
TheCount;2651836 said:
The RB and WR? group's weren't all that fast either, not sure what's going on.

They say this may be the fastest WR group on record. Can't say much for the RBs--they seem average this year and bad compared to last year's crazy-good group.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Aaron Curry is faster then most of the CBs.
That isn't due to the track, this CB group just seems quite slow.

A lot of the CBs would have middle of the pack versus OLBs.

The safeties are mostly at the same speed as the CBs except a couple 4.7, 4.8 guys that are probably not drafted until very late.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Rashad Johnson is the guy I would draft if I took a safety within the frist two picks. He might very well be there at # 51. I wish he would fall to Dallas' third round pick. He's a steal right there. He looks like a 2nd to 3rd round guy. If you draft Johnson at # 51, the opportunity cost will be an offensive linemen (Robinson, Johnson, Loadholt). I don't like that cost.

Emanuel Cook ran a slow 4.61 and has small hands. I wouldn't draft Cook. I've changed my miind about him. He can still be a good player, but I wouldn't take him.

Micheal Hamlin ran a 4.60.

Trimane Goddard isn't at the combine. lol

Rashad Johnson ran a 4.54. YES! At least, he might be there when Dallas picks. I would like to at least see him available for Dallas, and then, they can decide which way they will go. Johnson checked in at 203 pounds. He's bulked up.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I've been checkilng, and it looks like Chung, Delmas, Moore, and Johnson have solidified their rankins among the top safeties. If you count Sean Smith, he's in front of all of them.

Rashad Johnson might be there at 21, like I stated above, but a run on them could see them all gone by 51. There will be a run on them, I think. Johnson could still make it.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DFWJC;2652145 said:
They say this may be the fastest WR group on record. Can't say much for the RBs--they seem average this year and bad compared to last year's crazy-good group.

Looks like you're right, but the fastest CB being a 4.46 is a little shocking.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2651847 said:
Bruton is KILLING it

41.5" vert

11 foot long jump, that's the best one so far

KILLING

thats great and all, but did he make any plays on the football field at ND?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think way too much stock is put into the 40.

burmafrd

Reaction score
This whole draft class seems weak this year. Not just the 40 times.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
burmafrd;2652523 said:
This whole draft class seems weak this year. Not just the 40 times.

"I cant believe Jones was so stupid that he traded away our 1st rd pick!!!!"..."This draft is so awesome!!!!"

That was fickle fan nation not even a week ago.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Update on Bruton.

After watching the drills tivo'd and doing some research I like him as a "team" guy. Team captain, good tackler, made big plays...

but he was very stiff int he coverage drills. He has good straight-line speed but he is going to struggle in space.

I can relate as it was the same issue I had:(
You are either born with swivel hips or you weren't.

So I'd say he is a solid cover 2 type safety that needs to play far off the ball where he can charge plays but he won't be great man covering TE's.

DFWJC

Reaction score
dbair1967;2652531 said:
"I cant believe Jones was so stupid that he traded away our 1st rd pick!!!!"..."This draft is so awesome!!!!"

LOL

btw, what were the terms of that trade? I know we got Roy for a #1...but I know that there was more, but I can't recall.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
jterrell;2653171 said:
Update on Bruton.

After watching the drills tivo'd and doing some research I like him as a "team" guy. Team captain, good tackler, made big plays...

but he was very stiff int he coverage drills. He has good straight-line speed but he is going to struggle in space.

So I'd say he is a solid cover 2 type safety that needs to play far off the ball where he can charge plays but he won't be great man covering TE's.

Somebody on another board was saying that Bruton has always been this way... Great "measureables" athlete who doesn't live up to it on the football field.

So I wonder if this is a case of another combine warrior. I don't know.

But I agree with burm -- I think this draft is really weak overall. At least there seem to be a few good OL and DL, which we need.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
dbair1967;2652531 said:

And you're agreeing the draft is weak without seeing a single player play a snap, is that any more fickle?

You never know, till you know.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell;2653171 said:
Update on Bruton.

what do you think about him at SS?