Twitter: DC: A final salute to Ezekiel Elliott

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
What are we thanking him for? No one was praising Romo when he left the team, and he never held the team over the barrel trying to suck them dry, so what exactly are we thanking Zeke for?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy-2.gif

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

I'm going to miss Zeke. It's not going to be the same without him, especially on the field when tough yards are needed or an opposing D needs to be worn down. I don't see the Cowboys being able to find another bruising bellcow with speed, toughness and physical ability that Zeke brought to the table.

Zeke was a true warrior. He gave it his all physically and left everything on the field every single game for the past 7 years. He was proud to wear the Star on his helmet and represent the Dallas Cowboys. Wish he would have been able to take a big pay cut and remain a few more years in Dallas.

Good luck, Zeke, wherever you go. Thank you for being a warrior on the field and representing the team well off of it. You will always be a Dallas Cowboy!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Dang, this sucks. We had some great memories watching Zeke. Definitely going to miss seeing him on the field. Hard to believe it's been 7 years since we drafted him already. Time is a you-know-what. Goes by so fast.

Nothing lasts forever and I wish him the best.

DTK

Reaction score
What are we thanking him for? No one was praising Romo when he left the team, and he never held the team over the barrel trying to suck them dry, so what exactly are we thanking Zeke for?
That dude laid it on the line every week. He was a great back the first 3 years and then the wear and tear of being in several car crashes (essentially) every Sunday took its toll. But even then he was a great teammate and an obvious team leader.

Would love to see him accept a reduced role on the minimum salary. If not, go win a ring with someone. Just not Philly.