News: DC: Broaddus: Bernadeau, Smith Outstanding on O-Line

Reaction score
I think we are in no better position after last night than we were before it.

We still have three decent linemen....Smith, Frederick and Free. It's just a balancing act of trying to figure out the arrangement where the other two linemen are less of an issue. Is it with Parnell at OT instead of Arkin at G? Or with Berny on the left and Leary on the right?

Focus should be on the first half....when we really got nothing running to the left.....almost all of Tanner's good runs went to the right.

Parnell was giving up way too much ground in the passing game....it didn't end up hurting us much because Frederick did a good job of keeping space available for Romo to step up.

Even Murray's success can be taken with a grain of salt because we had our starting OL against the Bengals backups.

Funny how there is such a lack of paying attention to the situation when talking about how they played. Multiple times Tanner got met in the backfield and spun to get back to the line or gain a yard.

The pass protection overall this preseason has been better than what we have seen the last few years. That is a positive. The run blocking has been so-so.

I think it should be noted that the Bengals DL does that to just about everyone, though. That is a stud unit.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
here is another comment on Free and Company

http://www.cowboyszone.com/2013/08/blind-dogs-ignoring-your-eyes-and-doug.html

I think he gilded the lilly a little on Free but then since just about everyone expected Free to totally suck maybe that is why.

Looks like you're trying to step up today and actually do some game break down.

So do you really agree with his assessment of Parnell in that play? What was your take on it?

It happened with 5:57 left to play in the 2nd quarter.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Looks like you're trying to step up today and actually do some game break down.

So do you really agree with his assessment of Parnell in that play? What was your take on it?

It happened with 5:57 left to play in the 2nd quarter.

well obviously unlike you I actually watched the game- and rewound to look at the play a second time. You might try that now and then.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
well obviously unlike you I actually watched the game- and rewound to look at the play a second time. You might try that now and then.

You're not making sense. I just told you what time the play happened so it's obvious I've rewatched it.

What was your breakdown of the play then?