DC.COM Blog: Romo Plays Another Round With MJ

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Posted by rphillips at 7/13/2011 3:15 PM CDT on dallascowboys.com

Two days before the 22nd annual American Century Championship golf tournament in Lake Tahoe, co-favorite Tony Romo got in a practice round with the world's most famous celebrity golfer: Michael Jordan.

http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y164/nbr1diva/ce883e4b-7927-474c-8d1e-0756721f1b54_Large.jpghttp://********.dallascowboys.com/v...e883e4b-7927-474c-8d1e-0756721f1b54.Large.jpg

Romo and Jordan have played together before, and Romo has said it's a privilege to be around (and maybe even take a tip or two from) arguably the greatest competitor in sport we've ever seen.

Read the rest: http://www.truebluefanclub.com/blog...&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3992155 said:
Joe's going to have a stroke. :D

Nope, maybe tony romo is asking michael jordan on some advice, when jordan won his championships and what it took.

I still remember romo or some cowboys player though, say that if strike isnt settled by mid july, that the players would have another private workout among the players. So, I trust romo for that. But secretly i want the strike to be over, im going bonkers without cowboys regular talk, etc...

I would like to see at least a week of mini camp or OTAs before training camp gets started so, the coaches can work with the players, see if their in true shape and know the playbook and rob ryans new defense. :starspin

SDCowboy

Reaction score
ZeroClub;3992158 said:
I wonder how much money was wagered between them.

Easiest money Tony ever made. Jordon is horrible at golf compared to Tony.

bsheeern

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3992157 said:
Nope, maybe tony romo is asking michael jordan on some advice, when jordan won his championships and what it took.

I still remember romo or some cowboys player though, say that if strike isnt settled by mid july, that the players would have another private workout among the players. So, I trust romo for that. But secretly i want the strike to be over, im going bonkers without cowboys regular talk, etc...

I would like to see at least a week of mini camp or OTAs before training camp gets started so, the coaches can work with the players, see if their in true shape and know the playbook and rob ryans new defense. :starspin

Strike? There's a strike now too?
Just teasing bud.

In all seriousness though, Jordan played lots and lots of golf during his playing time. He also gambled quite a bit as well. Like as in gambled millions. Didn't seem to affect his play one bit.

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3992161 said:
Easiest money Tony ever made. Jordon is horrible at golf compared to Tony.

Yes, but, handicaps are the great equalizer. Beware of the gambling hackers.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3992255 said:
I hope cowboyjoe doesn't see this.

I've already seen it, check out my reply above buddy and let me know what you think? ;)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe;3992259 said:
I've already seen it, check out my reply above buddy and let me know what you think? ;)
Honestly

cowboyjoe;3992157 said:
I don't disagree but I also don't think that will happen.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'd love to be the 4th wheel in a golf day with Jordan, Romo, and Tiger.

Heck, get a 4th wheel and let me caddy for one of them for that matter.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile;3992341 said:
I'd love to be the 4th wheel in a golf day with Jordan, Romo, and Tiger.

Heck, get a 4th wheel and let me caddy for one of them for that matter.

Not me, I could care less about golf, especially with tiger. Now, if Romo, Jordan, Aikman, and Emmitt were there, with Jason Garrett, I would consider it to be just the driver for their golf cart, and drive them around. :)

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3992294 said:
Honestly

I don't disagree but I also don't think that will happen.

True buddy, I dont think it will either, but heck if it was just 3 day weekend of OTA or minicamp with rookies and players a week or 10 days before training camp I would take it. I really want Jason Garrett to have some time to implement his scheme on offense, along with rob ryan's schemes on defense to get the players a crash course. I really want Jason Garrett to succeed and be very successful as our new head coach for along time:)

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
ZeroClub;3992158 said:
I wonder how much money was wagered between them.

I wonder if Romo needed some money seeing the roster bonus may not have been paid.