DC.COM: Blog: Your Monday Practice Report

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Your Monday Practice Report
Posted by jellis at 11/24/2008 4:40 PM CST on truebluefanclub.com

It's always a delicate chore for the Cowboys to rebound from their game just before Thanksgiving, balancing the importance of getting ready for their next contest with the need to heal from their last.

On Monday four Cowboys were held out of practice, with two others limited in their participation. Sitting out were cornerback Terence Newman (groin), linebacker Justin Rogers (back), left guard Kyle Kosier (foot) and cornerback Mike Jenkins (hamstring).

Wade Phillips said neither Kosier or Jenkins were likely to play Thursday.

Receiver Miles Austin (knee) also missed practice, and won't play Thursday, and running back Felix Jones (toe) still has not been placed on injured reserve. He underwent surgery Friday in North Carolina and is done for the season.

Listed as limited in practice were tight end Martellus Bennett (ankle) and safety Pat Watkins (neck). Tony Romo (finger), Jason Witten (ribs) and Isaiah Stanback (shoulder) all fully participated.

The Seahawks did not practice Monday.
-Josh Ellis

Nav22

Reaction score
Felix Jones (toe) still has not been placed on injured reserve. He underwent surgery Friday in North Carolina and is done for the season.
Interesting. I wonder if Jerry is holding onto a dream of Felix being ready for the playoffs, like Terry Glenn last year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
News on Watkins participating (on some level) are better than I expected.

I was almost thinking they'd IR him too.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Nav22;2441130 said:
Interesting. I wonder if Jerry is holding onto a dream of Felix being ready for the playoffs, like Terry Glenn last year.

Ya, a 6 month injury healing in 6-8 weeks.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2441144 said:
Ya, a 6 month injury healing in 6-8 weeks.

Seems to be right with our medical staff this year

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
That would just be outright hilarious if anyone was holding their breath thinking if they didn't IR Felix that he'd some how magically heal in time for the playoffs. It really would just make me honestly laugh probably harder than I have in years.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Maybe T.O. is helping Felix in rehab....the guy DOES know his body and knows how to heal quicker than anybody and an Oxygen chamber DOES help immensly.

hairic

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2441203 said:
That would just be outright hilarious if anyone was holding their breath thinking if they didn't IR Felix that he'd some how magically heal in time for the playoffs. It really would just make me honestly laugh probably harder than I have in years.

That plan would be futile. With this training staff, they'd likely have him do rehab that injures his shoulder.