Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Reveal Annual Calendar
site_divider_720.gif
Rob Phillips - Email
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
September 25, 2007 6:38 PM

IRVING, Texas - Months of waiting ended Monday night at Texas Stadium when the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders gathered at midfield to unveil their 2008 swimsuit calendar, shot on location in Mexico's Riviera Maya region.

For the second consecutive year the calendar has expanded from 12 to 16 months, starting with September, to correspond with the beginning of football season.

The annual calendar, released Tuesday, also incorporates shots of the entire squad.

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders director Kelli McGonagill Finglass provided some extra suspense by removing a blue cloth from each calendar page displayed on a giant canvas.

"We had some new faces and it was fun to see who developed over the past 12 months in terms of photography," Finglass said of her 20 returning veterans who posed for a potential page. "I was very pleased with the ones that matured and gained confidence. We had some surprises this year."
Each page elicited screams and applause from the Cheerleaders, who are preparing for the Cowboys' Sunday home game against the St. Louis Rams. The squad's 12-person Show Group had just returned from an eight-day USO tour in Southwest Asia, including Kuwait and Iraq.

"I'm a second year (veteran) and I really wasn't expecting it," said Brooke Sorensen, who was selected as Miss June. "I cried when they called my name. It's just so exciting to see my name up there."

"I liked the way the shots turned out," said fellow second-year veteran Andrea Rogers, tabbed as Miss July. "I was just having a blast, hoping I got a good shot here in there."

Monday's unveiling of the calendar was the culmination of the Cheerleaders' week-long photo shoot back in May and the DCC staff's arduous editing process over the last several months while poring over thousands of shots.

"It's kind of a nice little perk we can provide our veterans for all their hard work, of going through an audition two, three, sometimes four or five times," Finglass said. "And it's also a special bonding for the veterans."

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1670571 said:
I stopped reading right there with :eek: written all over my face.

:lmao:

You don't know how close I came to posting that in the title. :D