Video: DC.com- Deep Blue | Connor Williams: Pushing Back - Overcame Bullied Past

lockster

Reaction score
Bullied? Ppl who are bullied usually allow that. Fight back, win or lose. That ends Bully. Don't be a chicken and then go tattletale. , Get serious and do something. Can't believe a big guy like this is crying about this subject. I bet his sister was stealing his pacifier during nap time from him

ghst187

Reaction score
No offense to Connor...but honestly I don’t know a kid who went to a public, and in a lot of cases private, school who didn’t get bullied. Too fat, too thin, too tall, too short, too rich, too poor, too pretty, too ugly, too smart, too dumb....
(And def race was on the list but I didn’t wanna go down that road.)
It’s terrible for sure and I don’t want to demean it but at the same time most kids face it in some way shape or form.
For a lot, it doesn’t get that much better in the workplace. I remember riding the bus an hour each way every day with kids a lot older starting when I was in first grade. It was a fight for survival everyday (two trips to ER).
the true test of a mans character is how they treat those weaker than themselves (Abraham Lincoln)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No offense to Connor...but honestly I don’t know a kid who went to a public, and in a lot of cases private, school who didn’t get bullied. Too fat, too thin, too tall, too short, too rich, too poor, too pretty, too ugly, too smart, too dumb....
(And def race was on the list but I didn’t wanna go down that road.)
It’s terrible for sure and I don’t want to demean it but at the same time most kids face it in some way shape or form.
For a lot, it doesn’t get that much better in the workplace. I remember riding the bus an hour each way every day with kids a lot older starting when I was in first grade. It was a fight for survival everyday (two trips to ER).
the true test of a mans character is how they treat those weaker than themselves (Abraham Lincoln)

You're talking about my past. Everyone, except for the people at the top of the totem pole, got bullied. It was a rite of passage.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bullied? Ppl who are bullied usually allow that. Fight back, win or lose. That ends Bully. Don't be a chicken and then go tattletale. , Get serious and do something. Can't believe a big guy like this is crying about this subject. I bet his sister was stealing his pacifier during nap time from him
Watch the video before adding your expert opinion.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You're talking about my past. Everyone, except for the people at the top of the totem pole, got bullied. It was a rite of passage.
Most people weren't bullied constantly. For the most part, they had their friends and they'd occasionally run across a bully. That doesn't seem to be the case with Connor. He seems like he was a good kid, who knew he could hurt people badly if he wanted to, but held back.

Kwyn

Reaction score
So, the bully is the hero in this story. Reaching down with grace to teach the victim hard, but necessary, lessons about life that will help shape their future sense of self worth and mold them into heroes themselves one day. The cycle can continue according to the laws of nature.

cern

Reaction score
be careful who you bully. victims oft times get even with firearms. how you like me now?

cern

Reaction score
So, the bully is the hero in this story. Reaching down with grace to teach the victim hard, but necessary, lessons about life that will help shape their future sense of self worth and mold them into heroes themselves one day. The cycle can continue according to the laws of nature.
trophic cascade. bullies are a necessary part of the natural order of things.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I thought this was going to be about his first couple of seasons in the NFL.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Most people weren't bullied constantly. For the most part, they had their friends and they'd occasionally run across a bully. That doesn't seem to be the case with Connor. He seems like he was a good kid, who knew he could hurt people badly if he wanted to, but held back.

Fair enough.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And there’s you.