DC.com: Eatman: Five College Pro Days Cowboys Can't Miss

CCBoy

Reaction score
Campus Party
Eatman: Five College Pro Days Cowboys Can't Miss
Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

http://www.dallascowboys.com/docs/eatman_column_proday_030811.html

IRVING, Texas - It had been 10 years since I made an appearance at either the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis or the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.

For some reason, I attended both in 2001. I say that because the Cowboys had no first-round pick and didn't take anyone until the 53rd overall selection when they grabbed Quincy Carter.

This year's trips made more sense with the Cowboys holding the No. 9 overall pick. And while only Jason Garrett and Jerry Jones conducted interviews at either place, the strong contingent of scouts and coaches at both events makes it clear the team is serious about getting these early picks right. Remember, the Cowboys not only have No. 9, but the 40th selection as well.

So the next step now is the college Pro Days, where most schools hold individual workouts for all of their potential draft prospects. While all of the top players will have a Pro Day and the Cowboys should have a strong presence at most, if not all of them, there are some that might be more vital than others...

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
I guess top five is a nice round # but I can't see how Wisconsin is not on this list.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Bwareinrings94;3871344 said:
I guess top five is a nice round # but I can't see how Wisconsin is not on this list.

Wisconsin should probably be #1 on this list with Watt, Carimi and Moffatt. But they also need to be going to the USC (Smith) and Cal (Jordan) pro days.