DC.COM: Jefferson used OTC banned substance

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Posted by nickeatman at 10/1/2008 9:44 AM CDT

<snip>

[FONT=verdana,geneva]Wilson replaces Jefferson, who was suspended by the NFL Tuesday for four games for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. Jefferson reportedly used an over-the-counter dietary substance, banned by the NFL. [/FONT]

- Nick Eatman

Comments (65) | Permanent Link

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow ..... they suspend a guy for using over the counter stuff?

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
why was he taking a dietary substance? the dude was a twig

JPM

Reaction score
zrinkill;2301974 said:
Some over the counter stuff are still steroids. The gov't hasn't caught up to them just yet.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
zrinkill;2301974 said:

Yes. Ask Jim Miller, who now works for Sirius NFL radio, but was the former QB of the Bears. He went to GNC and bought something that contained a banned substance, and served a 4 game suspension.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Jerry has said the Cowboys players can get all the over the counter substances they need from the team trainers, which have been pre-screened to make sure nothing illegal in them. Any player that doesn't take advantage of that should be suspended for stupidity.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
zrinkill;2301974 said:
You know what the dumbest part is? They give you a list of approved and denied over the counter stuff. It isn't like it's a big mystery.

That is just dumber than Lloyd and Harry.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2302024 said:
Jerry has said the Cowboys players can get all the over the counter substances they need from the team trainers, which have been pre-screened to make sure nothing illegal in them. Any player that doesn't take advantage of that should be suspended for stupidity.
I'm with IR on this.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
JPM;2301993 said:
Some over the counter stuff are still steroids.

They don't have to be steroids to be banned. Stuff like ephedrine, ritalin and Sudafed is banned, too, as are a bunch of diuretics.

links18

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2302150 said:
They don't have to be steroids to be banned. Stuff like ephedrine, ritalin and Sudafed is banned, too, as are a bunch of diuretics.

Ritalin is a banned substance? Then again, I can see how it might improve some of our players' performance at times :lmao:

Eddie

Reaction score
Yep, Tylenol will be on the banned list very soon also.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2301967 said:
Posted by nickeatman at 10/1/2008 9:44 AM CDT

<snip>

[FONT=verdana,geneva]Wilson replaces Jefferson, who was suspended by the NFL Tuesday for four games for violating the league&#8217;s substance abuse policy. Jefferson reportedly used an over-the-counter dietary substance, banned by the NFL. [/FONT]

- Nick Eatman

Comments (65) | Permanent Link
Who is Wilson? I'm behind on the news.
Edit: never mind, I just saw the article on Travis Wilson'

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2302205 said:
It's in the "stimulant" category.

So if my brother gets to the nfl he wont be able to take his ritalin? (even tho i dont think he should be on it)

dogberry

Reaction score
Surely the NFL has to make accomodations per the Americans with Disabilities Act? If someone has hayfever, what does the league let them take?

SweetDC

Reaction score
JPM;2301993 said:
Some over the counter stuff are still steroids. The gov't hasn't caught up to them just yet.
If that is the case I need to get my hands on the Cowboys approved drug list. I prefer to avoid taking unnecessary steroids too.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2302150 said:

I guess with Sudafed the league can say that since it's used in crystal meth, but every time I use the stuff for a cold I can say that I ain't lifting tanks anytime soon.

YAKUZA

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2302150 said:

I swear by Creatine in my workout regimine - is that banned yet? FYI - drink a lot of water on it :)