DC.COM: Mick Shots: Sprains, Barbers And Scores

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Mick Shots: Sprains, Barbers And Scores
Posted by mickshot at 11/20/2008 5:53 PM CST on truebluefanclub.com

* By the way, Miles Austin said he sprained his knee on that third-and-seven shovel-pass catch from Tony Romo for eight yards that set up Romo’s 25-yard eventual, game-winning touchdown pass to Martellus Bennett on the next play. Said he felt a little something, but didn’t think it was that bad, but by late Monday/Tuesday morning figured something wasn’t right. Same left knee, just the outside ligament inside of the inside one (MCL) he sprained in training camp.

* A lot has been made about Marion Barber on the last, clock-draining drive in the fourth quarter touching the ball on 11 straight plays, 10 running and one reception, to help run out the final 6:40 in the game. But did you realize in the entire fourth quarter, aside from Romo kneeling out the clock on the final two plays, Barber touchdown the ball on 16 of the 19 plays – the other three an incompletion off Jason Witten’s hands, Austin’s catch and Bennett’s touchdown grab. Truly work horse.

* Looks like it’s going to be Isaiah Stanback and Orlando Scandrick returning kickoffs now that Felix Jones is out for the season and Austin is out two to four weeks. Behind them is Mike Jenkins.

* And the score: OK, even though Wade Phillips continues to say St. Louis, and his players have been echoing as much to keep everyone from being a little to full of themselves meeting the 3-7 49ers, those three victories have been over 2-8 Seattle, 0-10 Detroit and 2-8 St. Louis, so I’m thinking Cowboys 27, 49ers 10.

Mickey Spagnola

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Garrett is gonna run Barber into the ground. this guy sucks with all the weapons he has.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2432178 said:
Dude remember these are the 2008 Cowboys, nothing will come that easy... More like 24-14 Dallas.

While every logical reason says so, I cant help but agree it's going to be a blowout.

Cowboys - 34
49ers - 13 with a TD coming in garbage time

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2432224 said:
While every logical reason says so, I cant help but agree it's going to be a blowout.

Cowboys - 34
49ers - 13 with a TD coming in garbage time

I will stick with my 24-14 score and we'll discuss it after the game Sunday, deal?