DC.com "throwback" jerseys

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
They're trying to pass this off as an "authentic" Staubach throwback. What a joke. We never used that lettering when he played, and he never wore that bulky number font. Nor did he ever wear a jersey with weird cups on the end of the sleeves. This is a MODERN-DAY jersey with "Staubach" slapped on the back.

Hey Cowboys: don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. And don't try to pass off contemporary jerseys as "vintage." Whoever shells out money for one of these is a sucker.

235-561-213019.jpg

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
bbgun said:
They're trying to pass this off as an "authentic" Staubach throwback. What a joke. We never used that lettering when he played, and he never wore that bulky number font. Nor did he ever wear a jersey with weird cups on the end of the sleeves. This is a MODERN-DAY jersey with "Staubach" slapped on the back.

Hey Cowboys: don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. And don't try to pass off contemporary jerseys as "vintage." Whoever shells out money for one of these is a sucker.

235-561-213019.jpg

Maybe its the store/vendor and not the cowboys

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
i guess you have a point, but i still think it's cool that they offer all those jerseys now.

i just got the new merchandise catalog today....definitely some COOL stuff to buy!

Kilyin

Reaction score
I really don't like the fact that the white jerseys have no star anywhere on them. I actually had someone ask me which team Witten played for when I was wearing my white jersey. Not that this is a common occurrence, but the blue ones do look alot better imo.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
i know they arent authentic...but i kinda like the cup sleeves. but of course there has never been a cowboys jersey i didnt like at least a little bit.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Why don't we take a clue from the Raiders and just keep the jersey classic and traditional? Look at the Raiders jersey. It's a great jersey. Simple, yet striking and distinctive. I love the sewn on numerals and hate the pressed on numeral look we have used at times.

Simple is better when your a team like the Raiders, Yankees, Celtics, Fighting Irish, Crimson Tide and yes, the Dallas Cowboys.

All of those are teams with tradition and who shouldn't go messing around with a uniform that is identified as a classic!! JMO.

rcaldw

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Why don't we take a clue from the Raiders and just keep the jersey classic and traditional? Look at the Raiders jersey. It's a great jersey. Simple, yet striking and distinctive. I love the sewn on numerals and hate the pressed on numeral look we have used at times.

Simple is better when your a team like the Raiders, Yankees, Celtics, Fighting Irish, Crimson Tide and yes, the Dallas Cowboys.

All of those are teams with tradition and who shouldn't go messing around with a uniform that is identified as a classic!! JMO.

I am in complete agreement with you. Do the Yankees go for an "updated Jersey?", how about a big clover slapped on the front of the Celtics jerseys, surrounded by Red white and blue stripes!! Or maybe because black and silver were in there for awhile, the Celtics should have tried to mix some black and silver into their scheme?

Leave the Jerseys alone. I don't even like the star mixed into our blue scheme (Jerseys). I like the classics.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
poke said:
i know they arent authentic...but i kinda like the cup sleeves. but of course there has never been a cowboys jersey i didnt like at least a little bit.
I have....the double star jerseys....hideous

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
rcaldw said:
I am in complete agreement with you. Do the Yankees go for an "updated Jersey?", how about a big clover slapped on the front of the Celtics jerseys, surrounded by Red white and blue stripes!! Or maybe because black and silver were in there for awhile, the Celtics should have tried to mix some black and silver into their scheme?

Leave the Jerseys alone. I don't even like the star mixed into our blue scheme (Jerseys). I like the classics.

Amen brother! If I were Jerry Jones for a day I would take our uniform back to it's basic silver and blue style and there wouldn't be any little stars on the shoulders, etc. Our road unis would simply be mirror images of our home whites.

The Raiders have the best selling jerseys year after year and yes it's because it's black and silver, but it also is because it's striking and distinctive and it proves that you don't need a bunch of clutter and updated crap on a jersey to make it popular.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
bbgun said:

235-561-213019.jpg

I got my catalog today as well... Anyhoo, I sure did like the proposed change in the earlier thread about the white jerseys going back to dark blue numbers and keeping the silver pants for all games... I just can't stand those ugly royal blue numbers with the aqua blue/green pants... :laugh1: