DC.COM: Witten Confirms that the media is CRAP!!

triplets92

Reaction score
Witten Says Less Is More With Roy
Posted by nickeatman at 10/15/2008 9:46 AM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

[FONT=verdana,geneva] We heard on Tuesday, both from Jerry Jones and Roy Williams, how excited Terrell Owens seems to be about the recent wide receiver addition. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva] All-Pro tight end Jason Witten knows his numbers might decrease a bit as well with Williams on board that didn’t affect his initial reaction when he heard about the trade. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva] “I was real excited. Just knowing his track record and how good he’s been in this past, obviously he’s a real exciting addition,” Witten said. “I think he’s going to bring a lot to this team. He seems like a great team player.”[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva] But the real question – are there enough balls to go around? [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva] “It’s not going to be a problem, I don’t think. If it means taking away balls from me, that’s fine,” Witten said. “It means we’re winning and he’s successful. I think at this point, none of us are worried about that. If somebody is, they shouldn’t be. I think he’s somebody that can help us win. I’m not worried about balls being taken away.”[/FONT]

- Nick Eatman

There is not going to be a "melt down" over who wants the ball more these guys just want to win.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Let's see if we throw the ball 30 times.....

6 catches for Witten
8 for TO
6 for RW

still some for Crayton Barber and Felix

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
You are always going to get reactions like this. Nobody is going to publicly display any displeasure unless there is something mentally wrong with them.

Ultimately winning will determine how everyone feels. It always does.

If we start losing, you will see the bickering begin.

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
Hostile;2342280 said:
Jason Witten is such a Pro's Pro.

part of me is starting to think he might be the best football player in the NFL at any position when you take into account skill, toughness and attitude

SixShooter

Reaction score
Since when has the media let the actual facts get in the way of a good ol' "the cowboys are going to meltdown" rant?

JeffInDC

Reaction score
triplets92;2342220 said:
Witten Says Less Is More With Roy
Posted by nickeatman at 10/15/2008 9:46 AM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

[FONT=verdana,geneva] We heard on Tuesday, both from Jerry Jones and Roy Williams, how excited Terrell Owens seems to be about the recent wide receiver addition. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva] All-Pro tight end Jason Witten knows his numbers might decrease a bit as well with Williams on board that didn’t affect his initial reaction when he heard about the trade. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva] “I was real excited. Just knowing his track record and how good he’s been in this past, obviously he’s a real exciting addition,” Witten said. “I think he’s going to bring a lot to this team. He seems like a great team player.”[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva] But the real question – are there enough balls to go around? [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva] “It’s not going to be a problem, I don’t think. If it means taking away balls from me, that’s fine,” Witten said. “It means we’re winning and he’s successful. I think at this point, none of us are worried about that. If somebody is, they shouldn’t be. I think he’s somebody that can help us win. I’m not worried about balls being taken away.”[/FONT]

- Nick Eatman

There is not going to be a "melt down" over who wants the ball more these guys just want to win.

I could easily see the following numbers being posted in this offense (especially in '09) & everybody being happy with their roles:

Witten: 70-75 catches, 850-900 yards
Owens: 70-75, 1100-1250
Williams: 60-65, 1000-1100
Crayton: 40-45, 600-650
Barber: 30-35, 250-300
Jones: 15-20, 150-200
Austin: 10-15, 200-250

That adds up to (using the higher end) 330 catches for about 4500+ yards. The yardage mark is what Romo was on pace for before he got hurt. I really think that these numbers could become a reality (especially next year).

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Alexander;2342291 said:
You are always going to get reactions like this. Nobody is going to publicly display any displeasure unless there is something mentally wrong with them.

Greg Ellis when we drafted Anthony Spencer.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;2342280 said:
Jason Witten is such a Pro's Pro.

Couldn't agree more. This guy does everything you want out of a player on the field and off it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander;2342291 said:

You will probably hear some bickering even if they win.

fortdick

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2342290 said:
Let's see if we throw the ball 30 times.....

6 catches for Witten
8 for TO
6 for RW

still some for Crayton Barber and Felix

Well, you 20 for 30 already. Unless Romo/Johnson throw at a 75% comp rating, there won't be too many more.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
I did this math on the Eagles site to dispute this concern:

Romo has averaged 22 completions a game this year, on pace for 352.

4.0 a game to the RB's 64 for the year

5.5 a game to the TE's 88 for the year

5.5 a game for Owens. 88 for the year

4.5 a game for Williams. 74 for the year

2.5 a game for Crayton and Miles. 40 for the year

Where's the problem?

BTW - Owens has only caught 23 balls through 6 games. That's a pace for less than 64 on the year. How can this be since most of us agree he's looked awesome this year. Quicker and faster than ever. Why? Incessant double teams. He's seeing more of it than ever.
Willliams will take heat off Owens. I guarantee he catches more than 23 passes the first 6 games he, Williams and Romo play together.

JPM

Reaction score
Hostile;2342374 said:
Didn't he whine when they drafted Carp, and whine when Parcells moved him to LB ?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Alexander;2342291 said:

Agreed.

Oh, and the title is misleading. :)

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Alexander;2342291 said:

Hostile;2342374 said:

that qualifies as being owned alex

Owned_Voodoo_Head_Style_Owned.jpg

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Win and everyone is happy as others have said. I think it helps TO and Witten as there are only so many resources available. It will be terribly hard to cover both sides of the field and the middle against those guys.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
They'll be fine. People are putting way too much stock into this.

TO is only catching 2-3 passes a game right now cause of the way teams are defending him and you think that bringing in a guy whose going to help get him more single coverage, thus more chances for the ball, is going to make him upset?

Please.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
JeffInDC;2342316 said:
I could easily see the following numbers being posted in this offense (especially in '09) & everybody being happy with their roles:

Witten: 70-75 catches, 850-900 yards
Owens: 70-75, 1100-1250
Williams: 60-65, 1000-1100
Crayton: 40-45, 600-650
Barber: 30-35, 250-300
Jones: 15-20, 150-200
Austin: 10-15, 200-250

That adds up to (using the higher end) 330 catches for about 4500+ yards. The yardage mark is what Romo was on pace for before he got hurt. I really think that these numbers could become a reality (especially next year).

Witten is already near 40 catches with 10 games to go, how do you figure 70-75 catches for him? If you ask me, teams are going to double T.O and RW and Witten is the guy who gets the ball. Teams will accept a slower death of moving the chains than a fast one. Crayton is basically the 4th option on this team right now. You tell me a team that has a 4th option in the passing game with 40-45 catches. Please! I don't care about Crayton's $6 mill guaranteed last year, he's going back to Tuna in the offseason for a 4th, or he's gonna get 25 receptions a season mark my words. Or Jerry will keep him around as pricy insurance in case 1 of the big 2 starters gets hurt and Crayton will be happy to just keep the pay check. So either he is getting 20-25 receptions or we get a 4th for him. That is more likely than 40-45 receptions a year for Crayton. Austin 15 at best. Gonna be less check downs to Barber also. Witten 85, T.O 80, RW 70. These are minimums for a full season, you're not to far off if you adjust Crayton. Good post!