DC: Defense Will Have 'Tighter Blend' of 3-4 & 4-3

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We're going to get killed by the run...smoked

As they're putting the defense together, I see a strong run defense formation relative to the rest of the league. Instead of Nickel with a CB, we're going Nickel with an in the box SS.

Urban in the base as run defending DE. Jaylon/Basham behind him to blitz and provide the pass rush Urban lacks. DLaw on the other side is very good against the run.

I expect we draft a 1T in 2 or 3 to add to that package. You can get the best 1T in the draft there.

The problem is at LB. I see us relying on LVE and Jaylon for stopping the run, and LVE needs to show he's up for it, while Jaylon has shown that he isn't.

Rayman70

Reaction score
:laugh:weird. Why are we trying to do the same things these players failed at miserably last year?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Why is anyone still talking 4-3 or 3-4, when the base personnel package in the league is Nickel against a base offensive 11 personnel?

I see a Big Nickel version of 4-2-5, with an in the box SS rather than a CB. That's our base.

I thought our base was a 5-2-4. Been that way for so long.

75boyz

Reaction score
Probably just me but I could have sworn he opened the presser with the first bold face lie of player over scheme just like last year.

This roster does not support any effective 3-4 alignment scenario for the front 7.

This was proven over and over with the so called hybrid 3-4 sets last year and the countless failed attempts at putting square pegs in round holes with personnel assignments.

As a whole, I prefer Quinn over Nolan but his real success dates back to when he had some good to great to HOF level talent at LB and secondary.

Dallas ain't got that by a long shot.

Hope he can coach em up better than the last guy.