News: DC: Keys To The Game: Slowing The Philly Front & Frustrating Wentz Are Crucial

NewsBot

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – The Eagles are the last remaining NFC East team the Cowboys have not faced this season, so there’s no shortage of tape for these guys to watch on each other.

Continue reading...

reddyuta

Reaction score
I wonder if the eagles will blitz like they did against Bradford.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if the eagles will blitz like they did against Bradford.

We sort of present the opposite problem from MIN. I expect we'll see them try to confuse the rookie QB with a couple of passing blitzes, but for the most part, they're going to sell out to stop the run unless they somehow get up by two or more scores. In which case, all bets are off.

I don't see them getting up by multiple scores, though, unless we turn the ball over or they get another ST score. Failing that, if we just play our game, our offense should be able to match theirs possession for possession, if not more than match theirs.

This feels to me like a game where one teams is a contender and the other a pretender. We're going to see our offense and their defense just hammering each other until one of them breaks. I feel more confident going into this Eagles game than I have in years, but then again, the Eagles are the one team that seems to pull the rug out from under you when you don't expect it, too. It feels like they're walking into a buzz saw in Dallas Sunday night. But it might work out exactly the opposite. That's why the NFCE is so great.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This will be a tough game. I hope I am wrong and we just plow them into the turf on both sides of the ball.
But I think this is where our defense needs to show how it has improved. Getting to Wentz will be the key, but I have a feeling Marinelli will start rushing 3 and dropping 8, and see if Wentz makes poor decisions. But that is if we can't get to him rushing 4. As I do not see many, if any blitzes.

I do feel good we can move the ball on the Eagles better then any other team they faced. But we need to get TD's not FG's. Philly is the type of team you can't leave hanging around, as then they can use that and take advantage and score somehow.