News: DC: Mailbag: More Likely To Re-Sign Free Or Parnell?; Who Steps In For Hitchens?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Mailbag: More Likely To Re-Sign Free Or Parnell?; Who Steps In For Hitchens?
Friday, January 02, 2015 10:43 AM CST
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...ly-re-sign-free-or-parnell-who-steps-hitchens

FRED LONDON
MORRISTOWN, TN

When Doug Free has been healthy, he has been very solid this season. But, with Jermey Parnell also playing solidly in his place, do you see the re-signing of Free less likely after this season? Parnell may only be two years younger than Free, but he does have far less wear and tear on his body.

Bryan: Parnell has played better these last two weeks and would be a consideration for next season if in fact that they moved on from Free. The problem with that is that I feel like that Free has been even better, and I would work hard to try and continue to allow him to work with Zack Martin. In offensive linemen terms – I feel that Free is in his prime years as an offensive linemen.

David: It's probably asking too much to hope both Free and Parnell will return next year. My guess is someone will offer one of those guys more than the Cowboys want to pay -- particularly Parnell, who probably has an eye on a starting role somewhere. Free is probably going to be more expensive, but I think he'd be the better guy to keep around if you can find a way. If not, it's hard to feel bad about moving forward with Parnell.

Reaction score
This is why they need to continue drafting OL, other teams are fixated on our OL and we cant pay all of our backups starter's salaries. If they think Parnell can be a solid swing tackle they should consider keeping them both though.