News: DC: Peters Loves Cowboys 'Swagger', Returning Home

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Food for thought:

What if the guys currently on the team don't have to bear the burden of the lack of success of the guys who played before them, any more than they get the credit for the 5 SB rings?

How about if they get treated as if only what they've done counts toward how much "swagger" they should have?

Now I realize none of them have won anything significant yet, but most of them haven't had much of a chance yet. They're relatively new to this team and/or the NFL.

Maybe the guys on defense are worthy of a little swagger already. Maybe the offense is over hyped so far, but self confidence is better than the alternative.

There's a difference between "swagger" and "cockiness", and so long as they don't venture into the domain of the latter, I'm fine with it.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Food for thought:

What if the guys currently on the team don't have to bear the burden of the lack of success of the guys who played before them, any more than they get the credit for the 5 SB rings?

How about if they get treated as if only what they've done counts toward how much "swagger" they should have?

Now I realize none of them have won anything significant yet, but most of them haven't had much of a chance yet. They're relatively new to this team and/or the NFL.

Maybe the guys on defense are worthy of a little swagger already. Maybe the offense is over hyped so far, but self confidence is better than the alternative.

There's a difference between "swagger" and "cockiness", and so long as they don't venture into the domain of the latter, I'm fine with it.
Good post; can't disagree... For me, I like the swagger and just hope they avoid the mindsight of "entitled".

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Fans that hated this guy are going to grow to like him.

Food for thought:

People who believe in themselves in spite of whether other people believe in them are the kinds of people who win anyway.

With most successful people, their success is rarely ever contingent on whether someone else believes in them, although it can help in certain situations. It's more often about self-confidence and determination.

He has earned over $100 million in his career. Pretty sure he didn't sign with the Cowboys for the money so I respect the fact that he still enjoys the game and is genuine. I'm also sure he got low-balled by "Cap Boy" and was wooed by Jerruh. It happens but he also gets some benefits, his family will get to see him play and he'll be able to say he played for the Cowboys. Not that it means as much as it used to obviously.

It's great for him post-career, actually, especially if he plays well and wins over fans, which he has the kind of potential ability and personality to accomplish.

Last edited: