News: DC: Peters Makes Cowboys Debut; Ready For More Reps

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Peters Makes Cowboys Debut; Ready For More Reps

ihpe3rmt7q19w0hmvyz7

Peters has played mostly left tackle throughout his 18-year career. But with rookie Tyler Smith now starting his third straight game, the Cowboys didn't want to move Smith again, and look to find a spot for Peters.

He said he wasn't rusty but needs "to clean up a few things."

He didn't start the game, but was inserted in the second quarter and left guard. On his first play, Peters walled off two blockers to help Tony Pollard get free for a 46-yard run.

"We practiced on that play all this week," Peters said. "The linebacker did the same thing we expected. I just had to make sure I walled them off. When we went underneath me, I walled him off and (Pollard) hit it."

"I could've played as many snaps as they wanted me to," Peters said. "They didn't want to just throw me out there. I didn't get any preseason. They didn't want to throw me out there."

Peters said he expects to play even more next week against Washington.

Read Full Story

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't mind what we did. Get him some more practice reps at guard and more time to get reacclimated to playing so that we have him ready to go when we need him. I'd probably start Farniok again this coming week and give Peters a few series unless Farniok is struggling and we need to replace him. Then have him ready to go for Aaron Donald and the Rams.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Peters next to Tyler produced the Cowboys biggest splash plays in run game.

Ridiculous production, it was a pancake factory.

Rather see Tyler pulling than the 40 year old but I'll take whatever I can get.

Praxit

Reaction score
..this guy is the real deal. Team player, good character, positive demeanor.

See the post game ruffian going on after game?

I spotted Peters latching up his helmet in case brawl broke out. Then Smith followed his lead, did the same. Classic..