News: DC: Practice Update: Romo Absent; Battling Through Secondary Injuries

NewsBot

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – After partaking in practice twice last week, Tony Romo was absent Wednesday as the Cowboys began their preparations for Cleveland.

That isn’t exactly surprising, since team owner/general manager Jerry Jones has already ruled out the possibility of Romo playing this weekend. But it will be interesting to monitor his continued progress as the week goes along.

“Hopefully, he can do something over the course of this week a lot like he did last week. We’ll just take it day by day,” said Cowboys coach Jason Garrett on Wednesday morning.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

popp1234

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – After partaking in practice twice last week, Tony Romo was absent Wednesday as the Cowboys began their preparations for Cleveland.

That isn’t exactly surprising, since team owner/general manager Jerry Jones has already ruled out the possibility of Romo playing this weekend. But it will be interesting to monitor his continued progress as the week goes along.

“Hopefully, he can do something over the course of this week a lot like he did last week. We’ll just take it day by day,” said Cowboys coach Jason Garrett on Wednesday morning.

Continue reading...

Wow, at first I thought the title of the thread was saying that Romo suffered more injuries, lol.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
when do they have to make a roster decision on Dmac and Hanna?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Want to guess why Romo isn't practicing? Because he isn't entirely healthy. But all the conspiracy theorists will turn it into something more.

I would really like to know what is keeping him from practicing. Not being active for games, I understand. If he's not in the right condition or strong enough to take a hit yet, okay. But practice? There shouldn't be an issue of getting hit in practice.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Want to guess why Romo isn't practicing? Because he isn't entirely healthy. But all the conspiracy theorists will turn it into something more.
I think Romo is practicing, just not when the media is there.

Media is only there for the first 20 minutes. I think even the DNP on the practice report is meaningless. He didn't practice officially last Wed, but ran the scout team that day,

That's not a conspiracy. This is what happened officially last week.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Yeah, when Jerry said Tony was going to do what's best for the team, I think he was talking about him not playing until he's close to or at 100% healthy. He did say Tony had pushed himself too hard last week. It may very well be Dak the rest of the way, hopefully all the way to Houston.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any official word on Claiborne?

Micky said yesterday they were giving it time this week before determining if hernia surgery were necessary. I guess it's a good thing that it might recover without surgery, but it didn't sound definitive. I'm assuming he's out 6 weeks for now, until and unless they go in, after all.

conner01

Reaction score
Micky said yesterday they were giving it time this week before determining if hernia surgery were necessary. I guess it's a good thing that it might recover without surgery, but it didn't sound definitive. I'm assuming he's out 6 weeks for now, until and unless they go in, after all.
I'm no doc but how would rest help a hernia. Can they heal themselves?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm no doc but how would rest help a hernia. Can they heal themselves?

I don't know, either. I don't think sports hernias are necessarily tears where a intestines are working their way through the abdominal muscle. I imagine it's more a muscle tear just in the core area that can either heal on it's own or be surgically assisted. Surgery probably helps with the tear but creates a wound that can also keep you out. No surgery probably takes longer to fix the tear.

Either way, this is something that happened to Mo without contact. He was just backpedaling. I like the guy, but his injury history is definitely concerning.