News: DC: Practice Update: Starters Missing On Both Offensive & Defensive Lines

NewsBot

Reaction score
Wednesday, December 14, 2016 12:28 PM CST
helman_david.jpg

By David Helman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

@HelmanDC

FRISCO, Texas – The Cowboys looked a little light on the front lines as they reported for their first practice of Week 15.

Two of the team’s starting five offensive linemen, Tyron Smith and Ron Leary, were absent as the Cowboys took the field for the first time this week. DeMarcus Lawrence Lawrence and Cedric Thornton were also absent from the defensive line.

Wednesday is always a little early to panic, given the nature of injuries in the NFL. Smith has played through a back injury for much of this season and has occasionally refrained from practicing, while Lawrence played 13 snaps last week while fighting through a back injury.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the positive side, second-year tackle Chaz Green did return to practice on Wednesday, as he tries to work his way back from his own back injury. Green injured his foot in the Oct. 2 win against San Francisco and hasn’t appeared in a game since. It’s only been in recent weeks that the back injury has shown up on practice reports, but his ability to get onto the field is a good sign.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
Game took a toll on some guys..
They really do seem like a walking MASH unit. Even the durable Ladouceur tweaked his knee. Jeez.

But I know Tyron has been dealing with his back issues and if he keeps playing like he did Sunday, I really don't care if he practices at all.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thornton might miss some time, but the others don't seem like a big deal to me, but more 'business as usual' rest days. Until I eat differently, I'm not going to be too concerned.

On a positive note, it was nice to read that Green is getting back out there. Both he and the team need that.

But it sure would be nice to have Mo Claiborne out there against Mike Evans this week. Winston will be throwing his way all night.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Thornton might miss some time, but the others don't seem like a big deal to me, but more 'business as usual' rest days. Until I eat differently, I'm not going to be too concerned.

On a positive note, it was nice to read that Green is getting back out there. Both he and the team need that.

But it sure would be nice to have Mo Claiborne out there against Mike Evans this week. Winston will be throwing his way all night.
What I want to know is where is Collins our OG?

Is his injury so severe he going to miss the rest of the season?

If so..end his season and let's move on.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't think he was ever supposed to come back this season. Isn't he on IR already?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
well at least if thornton can't go its a spot they can handle with crawford and irving. Ryan Davis will be active and thornton will be inactive, unless mfcadden takes thorn tons spot but that is a lot of running backs.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I don't think he was ever supposed to come back this season. Isn't he on IR already?
I don't know.

Just seems like a long recovery for whatever is going on.

He had a minor procedure a couple of weeks after his injury..

but just seems funny to me.

What I am thinking is the team promised Leary he could play the position this year and allow him to let other teams see his work for FA.

If something happens to Leary..bet Collins gets ready quickly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I heard on Cowboys Break that he'd likely not be available until the playoffs start.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know.

Just seems like a long recovery for whatever is going on.

He had a minor procedure a couple of weeks after his injury..

but just seems funny to me.

What I am thinking is the team promised Leary he could play the position this year and allow him to let other teams see his work for FA.

If something happens to Leary..bet Collins gets ready quickly.
Collins suffered ligament damage in his toe. per this article It's not something you recover from quickly.