News: DC: Scout’s Eye: Quality Chances for Bryant, Leary’s Block, Among Thoughts

NewsBot

Reaction score
• In the postgame press conference, Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was asked if he called for defensive coordinator Keith Butler to let the Cowboys score with 1:55 left in the game. Tomlin said “No, they scored.” My initial thought was that was the case because of the situation that the Steelers were in with only two timeouts remaining. I felt like Tomlin wanted to give his team one last shot, and with how quickly Dallas scored, it appeared that it was the correct plan with the way that Ben Roethlisberger was able to drive his team down the field for the apparent go-ahead touchdown.

• We saw a great example of how Dez Bryant doesn’t have to get 14 targets in a game, but just make sure that the ones he does get are quality chances, which was the case in this game. I thought the game plan did a much better job of going to him at the right time, especially given the fact that he was working against a rookie that could not handle him in one-on-one coverage. Bryant was just too much for Artie Burns, but Dak Prescott didn’t force the ball in his direction and they were more productive because of it.

• Huge block by Ronald Leary on Ezekiel Elliott’s 83-yard touchdown reception. There was a time when Leary physically would not have been in good enough condition to be able to peel back in space to pull that off. By working the way he did in the offseason, he made himself a much more mobile player, and on that play his hard work paid off.
Continue reading...

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
When Anthony Brown gets in trouble in coverage, it is usually because of his eyes. It happened to him last week and again this week on Antonio Brown with the Steelers facing a third-and-9. Anthony Brown has got to learn not to take his eyes off the receiver and peek at the quarterback. I thought he had position on the Pittsburgh wideout, but then when he looked back to Roethlisberger, that was all Antonio Brown needed to gain separation. The play allowed the Steelers to extend the drive, which later resulted in a 39-yard field goal and the lead.

Having watched a decade of Cowboys DBs not looking back for the ball, I personally want Broaddus to kindly stay away from the DBs.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Having watched a decade of Cowboys DBs not looking back for the ball, I personally want Broaddus to kindly stay away from the DBs.
Can he also stay away from the computer and microphone...