News: DC: Scout's Eye: Small Wins For The Secondary, Dallas' Dominant Blocking; More

NewsBot

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – As crazy as it was in real time, that Cowboys win over Pittsburgh becomes even more remarkable when you break down the tape.

I don’t need to set the scene if you watched the game. The Cowboys and Steelers threw haymakers at each other all evening long, and the Cowboys dug deep and found the resiliency to come out on top in the end.

After a late night with the film, I came out with some of my personal highlights of the afternoon – the moments that helped the Cowboys climb to 8-1. Along with that, I’ve got a few more notes worth sharing. So here we go:
Read

• Nice heads up play by Orlando Scandrick on the Steelers second two-point play in the way that he bumped his coverage outside to carry Antonio Brown into the flat. It was going to be a tough run for Brandon Carr to come all the way across the formation to take Brown. Scandrick realized the situation and was able to switch off easily. It was clear that Roethlisberger’s first option was to hit Brown in the flat, but Scandrick took that away. Roethlisberger tried to come back inside to Jesse James, but Sean Lee was in perfect position to make sure the ball was wide.

Continue reading...

followthestar

Reaction score
Luv me some Dez! Nobody in the league I would rather have going up for a ball than 88. A warrior in every sense. God bless ya...