News: DC: Vikings’ Terence Newman Maintains Career-Long Bond With Witten and Romo

NewsBot

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – Almost 14 years later, Terence Newman was able to recite the names of the Cowboys’ 2003 draft class, of which he was the No. 5 overall pick.

Some notable names on that list include Jason Witten, Bradie James and an undrafted rookie Newman made sure to name who goes by Tony Romo. Witten and Romo’s decade-plus friendship and growth as players will forever live in Cowboys lore, but Newman was an immediate playmaker and staple of the Cowboys organization for nine years.

Newman, who recorded 32 interceptions as a Cowboy, is still a key contributor for Thursday’s opponent, the Minnesota Vikings, at the age of 38. Much like his former teammates and Cowboys legends, he is motivated by a singular and elusive goal.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
I think Newman still lives in DFW. I saw him inside Sewell GMC buying a car a few months ago when I was shopping for one myself.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
He was always a beast. I thought he was underrated pretty much his whole career. I'm glad he's still playing well at 38. Just don't play on Thursday. Thanks.

links18

Reaction score
Trade deadline passed yet? Get the old crew back together for a Super Bowl run!

Zordon

Reaction score
man terence newman days seems like a lifetime ago. can't believe he's still in the league.

Kristi

I Rue Everything
Reaction score
One of the best huggers out there. Excited to see him again. Glad he still has love for the Cowboys as they do for him. ❤️

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – Almost 14 years later, Terence Newman was able to recite the names of the Cowboys’ 2003 draft class, of which he was the No. 5 overall pick.

Some notable names on that list include Jason Witten, Bradie James and an undrafted rookie Newman made sure to name who goes by Tony Romo. Witten and Romo’s decade-plus friendship and growth as players will forever live in Cowboys lore, but Newman was an immediate playmaker and staple of the Cowboys organization for nine years.

Newman, who recorded 32 interceptions as a Cowboy, is still a key contributor for Thursday’s opponent, the Minnesota Vikings, at the age of 38. Much like his former teammates and Cowboys legends, he is motivated by a singular and elusive goal.

Continue reading...
Blokes, I so love the Hallmark Moments ...
Now just play and spare me the schmalz, as they say in Tyler, Texas, lads.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I also remember when cats was like "don't draft him, because he's an older rookie and will be out of the league faster!"

haleyrules

Reaction score
That boy was very physical and tough. Didnt he have a bit of an attitude problem before he left the Cowboys? I thought that was why they let him walk? I could be misremembering though.