News: DC: Why Competition Doesn't Faze Jeff Heath One Bit

DanA

Reaction score
You could be right, but I dont see how people here grade the secondary players, since in a game the camera is only on them when they do make or miss
a tackle. Unless you watch a all 22 film, and they have that on gamepass, but it was so high up I could not follow the ball or tell which players were who lol.
Sometimes cameras in a game show a good view of something with safetys, but there isnt much of it.
Then there is aikman and buck who go on about something and make a big deal out of it.

Heath wasnt a high draft pick, in fact I think he is udfa, so he has done pretty good, and he had to play as a rookie due to injurys to other players,
and he made a few mistakes, and well he was a rookie asked to do things he wasnt really ready for.
I remember he was criticized for not covering calvin johnson better , and no safety in the league could cover him, but they expected rookie heath
to preform miracles I guess.

Heath has surpassed expectations from a udfa, stays out of trouble, is rkg, works hard , plays hard, and people complain lol go figure.

I agree with you here. He's been a great pickup considering his prior UDFA status, and I actually think has a lot to offer. You just have to get your players in roles that allow them to excel and Jeff Heath is no different. Heath is a great ST player, and a serviceable, even good, high safety. Just about every interception he has made has been him patrolling as a high safety, on the flip side, most of the mistakes he's made have been him inside the box trying to make tackles. We've got Iloka, Fraiser and Donovan now so don't need to be putting Jeff Heath in the box on run downs.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Of course it doesn't faze him. He still can't believe he's on a team and getting paid. As a special teamer and backup safety I'm cool with. That's what he is. For him to be starting at safety our front office is brain dead.

morat1959

Reaction score
I agree with you here. He's been a great pickup considering his prior UDFA status, and I actually think has a lot to offer. You just have to get your players in roles that allow them to excel and Jeff Heath is no different. Heath is a great ST player, and a serviceable, even good, high safety. Just about every interception he has made has been him patrolling as a high safety, on the flip side, most of the mistakes he's made have been him inside the box trying to make tackles. We've got Iloka, Fraiser and Donovan now so don't need to be putting Jeff Heath in the box on run downs.
Have you actually isolated on Heath playing ST? He’s not very good there either. He will never “excel” on any level in the NFL.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course Heath isn't worried...
incrimination-evidence-legal-concept-d-illustration-incriminating-title-document-76875910.jpg

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Your posts are always a good time. That said, if I am reading you correctly you think we should all bow down to Heath because he came from abscurity? I just want a S that can tackle and play. From anywhere. Heath can’t.
*For the eyes of all my fellow real Dallas Cowboys fans & for instructional purposes only, not to be revealed amongst the wider circles of noobs& beardless striplings, neckbearded chowder heads & cross trained pea pickers*

The #38 is a damn fine hand to have on ANY franchises game day roster:starspin:

Last edited:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I've seen pillow fights in sororities that hit harder than a Jeff Heath tackle.............................
Sure you have,,,all while doing yer' nightly rounds of window peaking/peeping tom endeavors at the old folks nursing home up the street from under that bridge of which you reside,,,TROLL:rolleyes:

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Sure you have,,,all while doing yer' nightly rounds of window peaking/peeping tom endeavors at the old folks nursing home up the street from under that bridge of which you reside,,,TROLL:rolleyes:

The above is a prime example of what happens when you allow mental asylum patients internet access................

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He's going to remain the starter. Or at least Heath will beat out Iloka, Wilson and any other competition this year.

Good chance someone will beat out Heath out for in the box SS play. That's the hope, at least, and I don't think it's that unrealistic. We've got 3 contenders, and Heath has problems in the box. I still like him as our best true over the top FS.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
The above is a prime example of what happens when you allow mental asylum patients internet access................
So? How's that
" currently on escape/fugitive status " working out for you thus far?,,,It might prove of use in your future efforts of evading recapture by boning up on the style & tactics of one : Richard Kimball just saying,,ya know,,, er,,,and best of luck in yer' continued unabated old folks home window peaking pursuits,,,SPORTS FANo_O

MCMetal69

Reaction score
So? How's that
" currently on escape/fugitive status " working out for you thus far?,,,It might prove of use in your future efforts of evading recapture by boning up on the style & tactics of one : Richard Kimball just saying,,ya know,,, er,,,and best of luck in yer' continued unabated old folks home window peaking pursuits,,,SPORTS FANo_O

Richard KIMBLE.................