News: DC: Williams' Toe Touch Touchdown Brings Back Memories Of Seattle

NewsBot

Reaction score
Thursday, November 24, 2016 10:37 PM CST
helman_david.jpg

By David Helman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

@HelmanDC

ARLINGTON, Texas – Thursday’s win against Washington had its share of moments, but it’d be a shame to overshadow the tight rope walk done by Terrance Williams for the Cowboys’ second touchdown of the day.

Dak Prescott rolled right and found Williams for a 10-yard touchdown in the second quarter. But the box score doesn’t do justice to Williams’ absurd toe drag to get both feet down in bounds.

It was a play eerily reminiscent of Williams’ gigantic third down conversion in Seattle in 2014. It was also utterly unsurprising to his teammates.

“I call him Sweet Feet,” said Dez Bryant. “That’s who he is – Terrance Williams, Sweet Feet. I’ve been calling him that.”

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
I mean, it was a nice catch and a great play, but the only reason he had to jump and take his feet off the ground was to catch the ball with his chest. Just saying...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone made the comparison in the game thread. Wish I remembered who.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean, it was a nice catch and a great play, but the only reason he had to jump and take his feet off the ground was to catch the ball with his chest. Just saying...

Huh? He was going to have to make a great catch regardless. Its even more impressive he caught it with his chest and still had times to plant his feet. He will always have his critics because of his stats but Terrence really does flash brilliance at times. That really was truly a incredible catch. I thought there was no way he caught that in bounds.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Huh? He was going to have to make a great catch regardless. Its even more impressive he caught it with his chest and still had times to plant his feet. He will always have his critics because of his stats but Terrence really does flash brilliance at times. That really was truly a incredible catch. I thought there was no way he caught that in bounds.
What do you mean "huh?" it's pretty obvious that he jumps up to catch the ball with his chest, hence his feet leave the ground. Not a difficult concept. If he catches that with his hands, no need to leave the ground. It was a great play for sure, but all that body catching really sucks. Sure, like you said he flashes brilliance, but he's really inconsistent. He'll be gone once his rookie contract expires so enjoy his flashes while you can. He's come up big I'm a couple moments for us, namely the Seattle game in 2014, but when Dez is hurt and he doesn't get single covered constantly, it's pretty clear that he's completely ineffective.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I remember that Seattle catch vividly. Amazing catch and so was this one today.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What do you mean "huh?" it's pretty obvious that he jumps up to catch the ball with his chest, hence his feet leave the ground. Not a difficult concept. If he catches that with his hands, no need to leave the ground. It was a great play for sure, but all that body catching really sucks. Sure, like you said he flashes brilliance, but he's really inconsistent. He'll be gone once his rookie contract expires so enjoy his flashes while you can. He's come up big I'm a couple moments for us, namely the Seattle game in 2014, but when Dez is hurt and he doesn't get single covered constantly, it's pretty clear that he's completely ineffective.

I said "huh" because I don't understand what him catches with his chest has to do with anything? AS if that takes away from how great the catch was? If he caught it with his hands the ball was still going to require a great catch. Which it wasn't even really the "catch" that was great it was him managing to stay in bounds which was going to be difficult whether he caught it with his chest or not. That's who he is. Just like how Shawn Marion use to shoot with two hands. That's him. Him not being more effective has more to do with him being our 5th option on offense than it does with his skill.