Video: DC: Zack Martin: I'm Glad He's On Our Team Now

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zack Martin: I'm Glad He's On Our Team Now

ulisgktu1s1byvx7hz4s

Zack Martin talked to reporters Thursday about the addition of Michael Bennett, and how he's happy to be teammates with the Pro Bowl pass rusher instead of going against him.

Read Full Story

cern

Reaction score
needing a safety is one thing. there being one available for an affordable or realistic price is another. the front office stated they wanted a safety. but sometimes the asking price is too much. i'm glad we got bennett.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Giving up a 6/7 rounder who will likely be cut for someone who can actually see the field is great move. I dont like the person, but like the player. Couldn't we get a comp pick to possibly if he signs elsewhere next year?

Last edited:

J_Allen

Reaction score
He also said Jihad Ward was going to be a top-three defensive tackle.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
For a mere pittance, we ended up getting someone with a history of being highly successful in the exact role that Dallas will utilize him for!:thumbup:

I see little to nothing in that trade that suggests anything but good that's likely to come as a result. If it doesn't work, he could readily be cut. :grin:

Last edited:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
needing a safety is one thing. there being one available for an affordable or realistic price is another. the front office stated they wanted a safety. but sometimes the asking price is too much. i'm glad we got bennett.
And it’s not like we didn’t try to acquire Adams. We offered a 1st and a third day pick. I guess some in here think we low-balled our way out of the trade, but did we? It’s not like we weren’t willing to give a 1st and only offered a 2nd and a bag of chips.

visionary

Reaction score
Our pass rush has been anemic. Needing a safety doesn’t mean bolstering the pass rush was a bad idea.

wait, I thought we had a great DL

haven’t you homers been saying that all off season

now it’s “anemic”

:lmao2:

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Seems like a no-brainer. Trade him for a 7th and if he walks in the offseason we get a comp which is likely higher than a 7th. So we get his services for half a season and at the same time trade a 7th for a higher pick in next years draft? Sounds pretty brilliant to me.

chagus

Reaction score
A better pass rush will help the secondary. Perhaps that's the Cowboys mindset?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
whats he going to say "dear lords, another person we dont need, when your team needs a safety but you get another player you dont need. you might be the Cowboys"

I actually like the signing. Low cost, low risk. Now I am not sure how much he is going to help on run downs, but in passing situations he should be a welcome site as opposed to the horrid guy was had in there up until now. Don't even know the scrubs name.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wait, I thought we had a great DL

haven’t you homers been saying that all off season

now it’s “anemic”

:lmao2:
I said the pass rush has been anemic, and your response is to pretend I’ve held to the opposite belief in order to fabricate what you mindlessly perceive as a witty slap at me. It makes no sense, and frankly has the opposite effect of what you thought you accomplished.

GMO415

Reaction score
Not giving up the farm for a safety. Can't remember the last time a safety won the SB MVP

visionary

Reaction score
I said the pass rush has been anemic, and your response is to pretend I’ve held to the opposite belief in order to fabricate what you mindlessly perceive as a witty slap at me. It makes no sense, and frankly has the opposite effect of what you thought you accomplished.

you constantly make excuses for this trash FO and coaching staff.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you constantly make excuses for this trash FO and coaching staff.
So, you wanted to show you don’t like me ... and you think fabricating stories that make no sense, and showing a lack of reading comprehension and an inability to respond logically to what you quoted really helps you out with that?

visionary

Reaction score
So, you wanted to show you don’t like me ... and you think fabricating stories that make no sense, and showing a lack of reading comprehension and an inability to respond logically to what you quoted really helps you out with that?

move never met you and don’t know you (not do I wish to) so dislike doesn’t enter into the equation. What I don’t like is your constant excuse making for this trash FO and coaching staff and that’s what I’m saying