DCFanatic Radio - Live tonight at 11pm est

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
I usually schedule the shows for 90 minutes and we go for like 60...

Tonight I wish I had scheduled it for at least 120 minutes.

Great F'ing show!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2415514 said:
Disrespect? Heck no.

I loved it. That's the fire I wish the players had.
LET ME FINISH DC!:laugh2: but can you post that clip of Roy or just tell me what he said? i just walked back in at the time and missed it.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2415514 said:
Disrespect? Heck no.

I loved it. That's the fire I wish the players had.

Thanks for letting me on DC. Felt Like I had to back Hos' point on Jones.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rampage;2415508 said:
na man you got way too into it.:laugh2: disrespecting DC on his own show.
Naw, I wasn't disrespecting him, He's too good a guy. I had not made my point and they had made an incorrect assumption.

Bottom line, the GM's contribution is the off season and the trade deadline. Anyone who tells me Jerry didn't do his job this year is out of their freaking mind.

Felix Jones
Mike Jenkins
Orlando Scandrick
Tashard Choice

Look at who they replaced.

Julius Jones
Jacques Reeves
Nate Jones
Tyson Thompson

You're telling me those 4 Parcells guys back make us a better football team? That's insane.

The failure of the team this year is coaching and execution of the players. It isn't Jerry love, it's damn I am tired of "Jerry Jones should fire himself" mentality. My gosh leave the whining pacifier sucking kleenex needing stuff to the Commanders fans.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2415518 said:
I usually schedule the shows for 90 minutes and we go for like 60...

Tonight I wish I had scheduled it for at least 120 minutes.

Great F'ing show!
It dang sure was.

Now I've got to go watch the real Tommy Boy play with his dingy.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2415522 said:
Naw, I wasn't disrespecting him, He's too good a guy. I had not made my point and they had made an incorrect assumption.

Bottom line, the GM's contribution is the off season and the trade deadline. Anyone who tells me Jerry didn't do his job this year is out of their freaking mind.

Felix Jones
Mike Jenkins
Orlando Scandrick
Tashard Choice

Julius Jones
Jacques Reeves
Nate Jones
Tyson Thompson

You're telling me those 4 Parcells guys back make us a better football team? That's insane.

The failure of the team this year is coaching and execution of the players. It isn't Jerry love, it's damn I am tired of "Jerry Jones should fire himself" mentality. My gosh leave the whining pacifier sucking kleenex needing stuff to the Commanders fans.

That's true. you left RW out....

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I think people rather crucify him than admit that he's done really good since BP left.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2415529 said:
I think people rather crucify him than admit that he's done really good since BP left.

Tell me about it. Every time I hear or read some hack call him a meddling owner, I want to rip their face off.

They have no friggen clue. Bash the rich(successful) guy. How original.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2415547 said:
Tell me about it. Every time I hear or read some hack call him a meddling owner, I want to rip their face off.

They have no friggen clue. Bash the rich(successful) guy. How original.
I have no issue with people being tired of Jerry as the GM.

But it has nothing to do with 5-4 in 2008.

Jerry causes the Defense not to tackle?

Jerry causes the O-line not to block?

Jerry injured our players?

No GM is so great that he actually is the "trickle down" reason teams win or lose. I simply reject that thinking and it has nothing to do with "loving Jerry Jones." I reject it because you cannot show me a case in 88 years of NFL football where that theory works.

Not one.

I hope Big Dakota isn't mad at me because I am certainly not mad at him. He brought an interesting topic to the table. I just don't agree that it starts at the top, the top is evidence. Football is cyclical. It always has been. It always will be.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Hostile;2415553 said:
I have no issue with people being tired of Jerry as the GM.

But it has nothing to do with 5-4 in 2008.

Jerry causes the Defense not to tackle?

Jerry causes the O-line not to block?

Jerry injured our players?

No GM is so great that he actually is the "trickle down" reason teams win or lose. I simply reject that thinking and it has nothing to do with "loving Jerry Jones." I reject it because you cannot show me a case in 88 years of NFL football where that theory works.

Not one.

I hope Big Dakota isn't mad at me because I am certainly not mad at him. He brought an interesting topic to the table. I just don't agree that it starts at the top, the top is evidence. Football is cyclical. It always has been. It always will be.

Of course i'm not mad. This kind of discourse is healthy. I look forward to kicking your butt on DC's show for years to come. JOKE;). If you listen to the broadcast you will hear me say i love JJ the owner, but Jerry the GM is at the root of where the problems begin, imo, but in no way does that let everyone from the coaches on down to the players off the hook. But, it's my belief, after 20 years of Jerry, that the problems are systemic. I'll just end with that. You can infer from that what you will.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
Count me in on the "problems begin with Jerry" locomotive. It's a shame because he genuinely wants and tries to win, I feel. That's why I can never get too angry with him. The issue is that in my opinion Jerry has the attitude that if he puts a premium product (or at least what he perceives to be premium) on the field, they will just automatically overcome all. Historically he has shown that he has no regard for coaching or true team building. I mean look at how he handled the Jimmy Johnson situation. I understand that the falling out was mutual, but he clearly had the attitude that anyone with a dash of football acumen could've done what he did. Of course after Jimmy was gone, he proved that he had no regard for team building. The non stop abysmal drafts and bad contracts just rotted the team to the point that he had to admit at least a degree of wrong doing. Now he has what he perceives to be a premium product again and he thinks they will succeed simply because of that. He doesn't think the team needs quality coaching, accountability, discipline or anything of the sort. They're good enough in his eyes that they'll win on sheer talent. That's the Jerry effect that's permiating down to the player level. The only thing different right now is that the Cowboys are drafting reasonably well, but who knows how long that holds up.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2415567 said:
Of course i'm not mad. This kind of discourse is healthy. I look forward to kicking your butt on DC's show for years to come. JOKE;). If you listen to the broadcast you will hear me say i love JJ the owner, but Jerry the GM is at the root of where the problems begin, imo, but in no way does that let everyone from the coaches on down to the players off the hook. But, it's my belief, after 20 years of Jerry, that the problems are systemic. I'll just end with that. You can infer from that what you will.
Good. We'll agree to disagree. That just isn't football and I'll never accept it as a reason something is not working.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2415485 said:
5 TD's for Romo 2 to TO 2 to RW 1 to Witten !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude I'd love you forever if that turned out right. Not only would we get a huge, much needed, win but that would be HUGE for my fantasy team. :p

Hostile;2415522 said:

Felix Jones
Mike Jenkins
Orlando Scandrick
Tashard Choice

Julius Jones
Jacques Reeves
Nate Jones
Tyson Thompson

I agree. The moves he's made, as GM, to bring in talent I simply don't understand how people question. But then these people have the advantage of hindsight on who he 'should have signed' or who he 'should have drafted'.