DCFanatic Radio w/Bryan Broaddus - Live at 10pm est

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
We go live with Bryan Broaddus of ESPNDallas to talk Cowboys football.

All this week Bryan has been breaking down the Cowboys roster position by position...

Broaddus - Quarterbacks - Broaddus - Running Backs - Broaddus - Wide Receivers - Broaddus - Tight Ends

We will be going over some of the stuff from his breakdowns plus some talk about the Cowboys greatest team of all time and who we think will be the six NFC playoff teams in 2010.

You can listen to the show by visiting the link below...

DCFanatic Radio - June 24, 2010

The live chat room will be open as well...

DCFanatic Radio - Live Chat Room

Hope you guys enjoy the show!

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Great show, dc, and thanks for asking my question to Broaddus. Whoever didn't hear it, I asked Broaddus what he thought caused the Cowboys' problems on short yardage, especially in the red zone.

One of the things he said was that it wasn't practiced enough.

I realize it's just his speculation, but he is with the team. One thing puzzles me though. If the worry is injuries in practice, I have to wonder why guys who play basically every snap--Romo, Witten, and the entire middle of the OL (Kozier, Gurode, Davis)--never got pulled late in blowout games last year.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
percyhoward;3443287 said:
Great show, dc, and thanks for asking my question to Broaddus. Whoever didn't hear it, I asked Broaddus what he thought caused the Cowboys' problems on short yardage, especially in the red zone.

One of the things he said was that it wasn't practiced enough.

I realize it's just his speculation, but he is with the team. One thing puzzles me though. If the worry is injuries in practice, I have to wonder why guys who play basically every snap--Romo, Witten, and the entire middle of the OL (Kozier, Gurode, Davis)--never got pulled late in blowout games last year.

Because the players run this team.

If they don't want to come out then they don't or they gripe. Flozell Adams made a fuss last season when they puled him for the last quarter against Seattle.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
super show as usual buddy;

i think they hit the nail on the head last night, when talked about not praticing enough in pads, and you know how i feel about camp cupcake

also remember last year, after tampa bay game, wade said was my fault because he didnt run the blitz run packages enough in camp, because he didnt want to get players hurt.

and that hurt us in the giants 2nd game of the season,to me because wade had to play catch up on run blitz defense, so the pass defense wasnt covered enough for the giants game in practice, and the giants killed us on the pass if you remember,

wade has to stop that cute stuff, and have the players prepared, and keep their word this year, that the best players will play regardless of position

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
It could be argued that short yardage failures on the goal line cost us 3 games last year. Even if it was only 2 games, that means the #1 seed in the playoffs. Short yardage offense should receive top priority in planning and practice, and even more so if you have a consensus top 10 offense, but rank in the bottom 10 in short yardage.

It's always good to hear from an insider, at any rate. Hos, what do your insiders say about it?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
percyhoward;3443501 said:
It could be argued that short yardage failures on the goal line cost us 3 games last year. Even if it was only 2 games, that means the #1 seed in the playoffs. Short yardage offense should receive top priority in planning and practice, and even more so if you have a consensus top 10 offense, but rank in the bottom 10 in short yardage.

It's always good to hear from an insider, at any rate. Hos, what do your insiders say about it?

yeah hostile, what do you think about what broaddus said,and what i said?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
percyhoward;3443501 said:

Surprising to me that Houck's return didn't see a returned focus on short yardage work as well.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
stasheroo;3443520 said:
Surprising to me that Houck's return didn't see a returned focus on short yardage work as well.

yeah but the problem with that is, wade doesnt like to work in pads alot, thats the problem;

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe;3443579 said:
yeah but the problem with that is, wade doesnt like to work in pads alot, thats the problem;

It's still surprising to me that Houck didn't push for it.

That physicality was a staple of his lines when he was here in the past.

In this fan's opinion, that as much as anything else, made the team of 90's as great as it was.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
stasheroo;3443580 said:
It's still surprising to me that Houck didn't push for it.

That physicality was a staple of his lines when he was here in the past.

In this fan's opinion, that as much as anything else, made the team of 90's as great as it was.

thats true but you have to remember, jimmy johnson believed in physical tough camps, along with parcells in hitting in pads, etc, but wade doesnt like to do that, thats the clincher

thats why i think sometimes leonard davis and gurode arent blocking well, they dont push them because wade doesnt want to hit in pads etc...

you have to do what the head coach says; bottom line

RS12

Reaction score
Nice show DC. Broaddus most interesting comments were again, the below average play of the RG and C position, along with the goal line play calling by Garrett.