DCFanatic Radio w/Moose Johnston and Bryan Broaddus - 11/19/09

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
craig71;3089068 said:
Moose also left out the fact that the shotgun is designed to give the QB a better chance at short to intermediate throws when the defense brings pressure. But calling the formation constantly pigeon-hole's you into being one dimensional.

It could also be said that they ran 15 consecutive snaps out of shotgun on a drive that ended with a pick.The play call at the goal line was not the problem the execution was.

Another thing to consider is that the shotgun allows your quarterback to see the field better,which helps him identify the defense.If they were having trouble with identifying where the pressure was going to come from the shotgun makes sense.I don't think the intention was to go all out shotgun,I think the game just dictated what happened and it got away from them.

Craig

And that's the heart of the offense's problems, both passing and runing; Jason Garrett is passive, allowing defenses to dictate games to him.

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;3089162 said:
And that's the heart of the offense's problems, both passing and runing; Jason Garrett is passive, allowing defenses to dictate games to him.

You can't put the blame solely on Garrett.You have to look at Romo as well in that game.How many times did Romo audible out of the original call and what was the first call,run or pass?Why did he audible out of the first call?There are too many factors to consider as to why the game unfolded as it did.Especially when you don't know the original play call or the game plan and you don't have access to the full game tape to go along with it.I also saw about 7 plays that should have been made that weren't,it could be argued that if they make 3 out of those 7 plays it could have changed the game.If Romo wasn't able to indentify the defense is it all on Romo or is it because Garrett didn't have him prepared?The truth lies somewhere in the middle most likely.

Craig

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile;3088529 said:
I just got home. We need to do a show on why the Commanders suck.

Maybe after the game. :p:

lol hostile, i gather you really dont like the Commanders

i think we will win this game but what if we lose hostile, do you have another bet with the guy from washington dc like you did last year?

i dont like them either, especially little synder, moss, haynesworth, cooley
portis to name a few Commander players

Hey dc i didnt see where you could replay your show last night on your website;

Stautner

Reaction score
craig71;3089208 said:
You can't put the blame solely on Garrett.You have to look at Romo as well in that game.How many times did Romo audible out of the original call and what was the first call,run or pass?Why did he audible out of the first call?There are too many factors to consider as to why the game unfolded as it did.Especially when you don't know the original play call or the game plan and you don't have access to the full game tape to go along with it.I also saw about 7 plays that should have been made that weren't,it could be argued that if they make 3 out of those 7 plays it could have changed the game.If Romo wasn't able to indentify the defense is it all on Romo or is it because Garrett didn't have him prepared?The truth lies somewhere in the middle most likely.

Craig

good post

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]qiPr9MiMU0o[/youtube]

[youtube]96MqZO4wmNg[/youtube]

[youtube]aLvKPUn-OXk[/youtube]

-----------------------------

:D

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3089320 said:
[youtube]qiPr9MiMU0o[/youtube]

[youtube]96MqZO4wmNg[/youtube]

[youtube]aLvKPUn-OXk[/youtube]

-----------------------------

:D

thanks dc, awesome interview

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3089302 said:
lol hostile, i gather you really dont like the Commanders

i think we will win this game but what if we lose hostile, do you have another bet with the guy from washington dc like you did last year?

i dont like them either, especially little synder, moss, haynesworth, cooley
portis to name a few Commander players

Hey dc i didnt see where you could replay your show last night on your website;
He hasn't paid up the bet he lost. He hasn't even showed up this season. Why on earth would I make another bet with him? If I lost I would pay up.

I wouldn't say that I don't like the Commanders...because I hate them. I detest racism in any form. I would rather be kicked in the balls than accused of liking the Commanders, and I gotta tell you, I really don't like being kicked in the balls.