DCFanatic Radio w/Tim MacMahon - Live at 10pm Eastern

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
DCFanatic Radio – Live at 10pm est – Tim MacMahon

By dcfanatic, August 4, 2009 9:20 pm

We go live at 10:00pm Eastern and Tim MacMahon from the Dallas Morning News will be a guest tonight.

Shango will be co-hosting with me so it should be a great show!

We are taking calls for the first half hour until our guest comes on - 718.664.9719.

You can listen in at my blog or at the link below…

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/DCFanaticRadio

The live chat room will be open as well…

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/FlashChat/Chat.aspx?HostUserURL=DCFanaticRadio

Topics: Some more audio from Mike Jenkins interview, Bobby Carpenter lost confidence, Spencer is now more of a Pro, Felix as a Punt Returner, Romo to Roy update, Crayton = TJ Who’syourmomma?, etc.

And probably some other stuff as well.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Save time for Tim to do some standup.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Are you going to call him "The quotable reporter" every chance you get?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
LOL, Shango apparently didn't watch the last time that Miles Austin played Green Bay. He said something along the lines of "If Austin goes up against those physical corners in Green Bay they'll rough him up and it'll be 'Hello, welcome to the NFL.'"

Uh...last time Austin played against Green Bay he had 115 yards and a TD.

JBS

Reaction score
Theo, it is over for Austin breaking the scene. According to Kitna, Crayton is the next Hooshmazili. On top of that, Sam I am Hurd is having the best camp of all the WRs.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I bash Timmy as much as anyone, but that was pretty good.

He's also good on 103.3 when he's been on there lately.

So basically, when he just talks football and forgets the Mosley smart *** routine, he does just fine.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
glorydaysrback;2867510 said:
Theo, it is over for Austin breaking the scene. According to Kitna, Crayton is the next Hooshmazili. On top of that, Sam I am Hurd is having the best camp of all the WRs.

Kitna said PC is Hoosyourmomma? Really?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2867482 said:
LOL, Shango apparently didn't watch the last time that Miles Austin played Green Bay. He said something along the lines of "If Austin goes up against those physical corners in Green Bay they'll rough him up and it'll be 'Hello, welcome to the NFL.'"

Uh...last time Austin played against Green Bay he had 115 yards and a TD.

I think he just used them as a reference.

Why you hatin on Shango Theo?

Thanks for listening.

:laugh2:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2867538 said:
I bash Timmy as much as anyone, but that was pretty good.

He's also good on 103.3 when he's been on there lately.

So basically, when he just talks football and forgets the Mosley smart *** routine, he does just fine.
So your saying he's trying to get an espn gig.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2867547 said:
I think he just used them as a reference.

Why you hatin on Shango Theo?

Thanks for listening.

:laugh2:
No hating. I just think the discussion regarding lack of physicality with Austin and especially Roy Williams is a bit overblown based on that Jenkins interview.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
theogt;2867550 said:
No hating. I just think the discussion regarding lack of physicality with Austin and especially Roy Williams is a bit overblown based on that Jenkins interview.
I agree, most wrs these days aren't going to be as physical as Irvin if that's what people expect. And I don't think its like they are timid little wrs either. But it's in the WRs best interest to try to avoid the contact at the line of scrimmage, because if the corner gets his hands on them its going to take too long to get into their route. See TO last year.:D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2867558 said:
I agree, most wrs these days aren't going to be as physical as Irvin if that's what people expect. And I don't think its like they are timid little wrs either. But it's in the WRs best interest to try to avoid the contact at the line of scrimmage, because if the corner gets his hands on them its going to take too long to get into their route. See TO last year.:D
Well, the idea isn't to wrestle with the corner. The idea is to get past the corner and Austin has no trouble in that area.

Bluefin

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2867558 said:
I agree, most wrs these days aren't going to be as physical as Irvin if that's what people expect.

Most couldn't even if they wanted to.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2867550 said:

I can see that.

But I do wish Austin was showing up more in camp.

I had hoped that by practice #11 he was the #2 WR in the coaches eyes.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2867600 said:
But I do wish Austin was showing up more in camp.
I'm not sure what reports you've been reading, but it certainly wasn't mine. Austin looked like our best receiver when I was there for several practices. In 11 on 11s he had the most catches and yards from what I could tell.

Crayton is Crayton. He's reliable. But I can't recall him doing much at all during 11 on 11s. I can see the coaches sticking with Crayton just like they failed to get Felix and Choice involved and failed to replace Procter with Holland. It's just the nature of having solid veterans ahead of inexperience guys.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
LOL that Dave caller was hilarious..Peyton Manning "blahblahlblah"..Tom Brady"blahblahblah"

"Austin Miles!!"

LOL you could have had some fun with that guy DC.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2867608 said:
I'm not sure what reports you've been reading, but it certainly wasn't mine. Austin looked like our best receiver when I was there for several practices. In 11 on 11s he had the most catches and yards from what I could tell.

Crayton is Crayton. He's reliable. But I can't recall him doing much at all during 11 on 11s. I can see the coaches sticking with Crayton just like they failed to get Felix and Choice involved and failed to replace Procter with Holland. It's just the nature of having solid veterans ahead of inexperience guys.

'It certainly wasn't mine' - LOL.

So now YOUR report is the end all to all training camp reports.

Kitna just said Hurd is having the best camp of all the WR's.

Should I base my thoughts on the QB who has been on the field since camp started and plays QB in the NFL and watches the coaches films of practice...

or

Should I base them off of YOUR report.

Austin only gave himself a 7 out of 10 on his camp work so far.

:lmao: