Twitter: DE Demarcus Lawrence reportedly out indefinitely with broken foot

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I remember a time we had this bad*** edge rusher named DeMarcus Ware and our nice fans wanted him gone. Well well well. Not only did he leave but he actually won a championship. So the bad fan Karma is, we’ve sucked at end ever since.

Now I get to root for Armstrong and Anae. Hopefully they pull a Prescott and never relinquish their starting roles.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Dont know how much this matters now that I think on it.

Most games are pure shootouts with no defense at all, and whoever has the ball last and/or manages the clock the least worst of the two sides wins the game.

Not as if we were going to have a great defense with Lawrence and thats what we were counting on.

Most of you around here can't stand him anyway so what's the big loss?

Remember, Lawrence didn't give himself that contract while he had zero leverage.

bigE79

Reaction score
Dak better be ready to throw 70 times this week. Pathetic. We lose one player on defense its over. Well pretty much over if we don't lose anyone on defense:facepalm:
It's like when Sean Lee was out,the whole d collapsed.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this offseason the dallas cowboys need to make some serious decisions about their team and its future they may need ot get rid of some loafers and free loaders lawrence and collins and jaylon smith for sure then maybe look at the head coach and his staff not playing players in the offseason sucks as a way to run a team looks like this is going to be about a 6 or seven win team

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Has anybody signed Brian Kerrigan? I hate sleeping with the enemy but that dude brought it every snap when he was out there..

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Is it the same foot he broke in training camp going against Tyron his rookie year?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this offseason the dallas cowboys need to make some serious decisions about their team and its future they may need ot get rid of some loafers and free loaders lawrence and collins and jaylon smith for sure then maybe look at the head coach and his staff not playing players in the offseason sucks as a way to run a team looks like this is going to be about a 6 or seven win team

Unfortunately, Jerry will look at this losing season and conclude that injuries did us in again. They'll be no major changes.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just numb to all of the drama with this team, but I'm not panicking over a defense that couldn't do jack with starters. Worst case scenario, we can't do jack with backups. It's all on Dak this season, as we knew it would be. Score 30-40, or lose.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just numb to all of the drama with this team, but I'm not panicking over a defense that couldn't do jack with starters. Worst case scenario, we can't do jack with backups. It's all on Dak this season, as we knew it would be. Score 30-40, or lose.
The good news is we have a winnable 5-6 games after the chargers game. Maybe the defense actually plays average and we’re say 6-4 ? when Lawrence gets back? We’ll have everything to play for….the two players we can’t lose on Def were Diggs and Parson IMO.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Seems this team can’t avoid losing significant players. If it’s not an illness or injury it’s a suspension. :facepalm: Seems like every few days you’ll log into this board you see “Breaking News” with yet another key player out. It’s looking like this may end up being another season not meant to be for the Cowboys. This next player up thing doesn’t seem to work for us. We need our top players to have any chance. There’s several teams that can lose a couple of key players and still find a way to win but not the Cowboys. Our entire defense fell apart a couple of years ago when Sean Lee went out. It’s not like we have a stellar pass rush with DLaw. We better get some players to step up or this is going to be another long season.

Last edited: