DE Jason Hatcher forgotten man ?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that DE Jason Hatcher's picture was not included in the picture with the top picks on the official website, DallasCowboys.com, ... AND he was not mentioned in the article.

They have a picture of picks 1, 2, 4, 5, & 6, but not Hatcher who was 3.

What is up with that ? :mad:

twa

Reaction score
Grambling is still waiting to get the senior pics back from the Wall-mart lab?

Just a wild guess:D

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
Mentioning him in the write up would have seemed appropriate.

No excuse.

I can't figure it out.
Check-out my avatar. Thats Jason Hatcher. He's built like Chris Canty. With their height on the Defensive line they could cause serious problems for QBs in finding clean passing lanes.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
hatcher%20002.jpg

Jason Hatcher doing some drills

football%20005.jpg

He got EA Sports attention. Cover athlete for NCAA 2006

football%20052.jpg

I bet Grambling State could get their Home Ed dept. to make and design better Uniforms:D

banquet0506%20098.jpg

Jason and wifey

football%20010.jpg

Zone Ladies Caption this!!​

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Charles said:
hatcher%20002.jpg

Jason Hatcher doing some drills

football%20005.jpg

He got EA Sports attention. Cover athlete for NCAA 2006

football%20052.jpg

I bet Grambling State could get their Home Ed dept. to make and design better Uniforms:D

banquet0506%20098.jpg

Jason and wifey

football%20010.jpg

Zone Ladies Caption this!!​

Appears you have seen this guy in action. I admit I was at a total loss when he was selected not having seen him play or hearing much about him leading up to the draft. Any info you can give about him is welcomed

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I like the pick too, but why wasn't he mentioned or pictured on the Cowboys main page ?

Seems odd to me.

Why would you mention and picture your 4, 5, & 6 picks but not your 3rd ?

DBoys

Reaction score
Hey Charles so whats the skinny on the guy?? Seems you know about him.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
DBoys said:
Hey Charles so whats the skinny on the guy?? Seems you know about him.
Well I know he was an all-american...

Here are his stats for that year...

Hatcher (6-6, 285, Sr., DL, Jena, LA) was a key component on the Grambling State defensive line. He finished with 71 total tackles (49 solo) with 21.5 tackles for loss and 11.0 sacks. He had one forced fumble, 16 QB hurries, a pass breakup and a blocked kick. He had eight tackles against both Jackson State and Southern while registering three sacks in the season opener against Alabama A&M.

Last week FWST's Charean Williams picked him as the sleeper of the draft...

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Interesting link on Hatcher:http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1327&PN=1

Doomsday101 said:
Appears you have seen this guy in action. I admit I was at a total loss when he was selected not having seen him play or hearing much about him leading up to the draft. Any info you can give about him is welcomed
He was a man amongst boys. It's really hard to gauge because he was always almost equal in size to the Olinemen he played against. But from what I saw (Watching SWAC on TV), he has a great motor, plays with a chip on his shoulder. He dominated and even emmrassed many of his opponents. At times unblockable. Commentators always talked about him playing hard to give his family (he's married too) a btter life etc . Long arms, reaches around blocks, grabs QBs or RBs and just flings them to the ground.

He is built like Chris Canty. A classic NBA power foward. long arms, long huge legs. He's a big cat. Canty came into camp with a soft 6'7" 285lb frame. By seasons end he had worn down. I think Jason Hatcher is in better shape because he hasn't missed any time last year. At 6'-6" 285lb, I think by next year if he can play on this level he'll be in the Richard Seymour range at about 295-300lbs.

If he can play on the next level, he and Canty will cause some serious problems. They are big, long and athletic.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
yep, they left him out of the collage.
And didn't have a write-up about him either, never mentions him in the article.

Poor.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Charles said:
Interesting link on Hatcher:http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1327&PN=1

He was a man amongst boys. It's really hard to gauge because he was always almost equal in size to the Olinemen he played against. But from what I saw (Watching SWAC on TV), he has a great motor, plays with a chip on his shoulder. He dominated and even emmrassed many of his opponents. At times unblockable. Commentators always talked about him playing hard to give his family (he's married too) a btter life etc . Long arms, reaches around blocks, grabs QBs or RBs and just flings them to the ground.

He is built like Chris Canty. A classic NBA power foward. long arms, long huge legs. He's a big cat. Canty came into camp with a soft 6'7" 285lb frame. By seasons end he had worn down. I think Jason Hatcher is in better shape because he hasn't missed any time last year. At 6'-6" 285lb, I think by next year if he can play on this level he'll be in the Richard Seymour range at about 295-300lbs.

If he can play on the next level, he and Canty will cause some serious problems. They are big, long and athletic.

and Richard Seymour is exactly who he is compared to... I can live with that... ;)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Charles said:

Nice find of the GSU messageboard. Lots of good stuff there. Are you a member there? If not, what do you think about joining and offering an invite to the Zone?

Clean out your PM inbox, Charles... :)

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I was concerned over this pick cause I didn't know much about him.
But this type of guy is perfect for a 3-4 end and has great size, just like Canty. DEs and tweener type DE/LB players went quicker than usual this draft, so a guy like this had to go in the 3rd if you really wanted him.

I think/hope he will be a regular part of our defline line for years to come along with Spears and Canty...since Ellis's days are unfortunatly numbered.