RELEASED DE Mika Tafua released from practice squad

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would’ve released Aviante Collins
I thought he played relatively well in the preseason.

I had the thought when watching him that he could hold up for a game at RT as the backup backup OT.
- i.e. A last resort move of Steele to LT with AC at RT for a game.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tafua will be back. They will churn the PS. Right now it is probably a practice type thing, using players to prepare. Maybe they didn't need an extra DE for it. :laugh:
Exactly.:hammer:

Some positions are much more utilized in practice than others. The Cowboys always like to go heavy on ps WRs because WRs are used for QB drills and do extensive running in addition to standard 11 on 11 and 7 on 7 work.

kskboys

Reaction score
Too slow. If a DE runs a 4.8+, he better be 6-7/300.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Nope, the PS has become a farm team to the league, some very good talent setting on that PS right now.
Tafua was the right choice.

Mostly because the Cowboys already have the dirty dozen, and went long on the DL.

Plus, I think Tafua comes back.

Majic

Reaction score
Always a chance he signs with another team (PS)

slick325

Reaction score
We hardly knew ye...godspeed young Tafua.

I do think he will be called back after Peters is called up to the 53.​

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Question followed by another question: are the cowboys making room on practice squad for Peters?
And if he goes on the practice squad, couldn't another team just grab him from our practice squad?

rambo2

Reaction score
Question followed by another question: are the cowboys making room on practice squad for Peters?
And if he goes on the practice squad, couldn't another team just grab him from our practice squad?
Nobody is taking him from the Cowboys. They aren't going to let him get away.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

This is unfortunate because Tafia had some decent numbers in college and could have possibly helped this team down the road. With Peters, at least we got a 40 yr old fat dude who'll probably take weeks, if not months just to get in SIDELINE shape!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The practice squad is not like waivers. Players on the practice squad are free agents and would have to agree to sign with another team. Peters just chose to sign with Cowboys so that shouldn't be an issue. They can protect 4 players per week but those are most likely going to be the young guys they want to hang on to.