DE/OLB Brian Orakpo Texas

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
if he is there when we pick in the late 1st, I would be ecstatic if we drafted him. He has been a beast all year. Today against the vaunted OU OL, he was living in the backfield. He definitely made Loadholt earn his meal stipend this week.

He would be a perfect compliment to Ware and Spencer as a pass rusher.

Shady12

Reaction score
I really think he's pushing himself into the top half of the first round. He's been absolutely unblockable. Monster.

kevwun

Reaction score
The officials could have called 10 holding penalties on Loadholt without any trouble. It was the only way he could stop Orakpo.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I missed it, what did he do?

yes, Texas homers, I know you guys won I'm not a Sooner fan...but BigDFan5 is, so give him hell all the time

kevwun

Reaction score
2 sacks, 4 tfl and a forced fumble, all while dragging Phil Loadholt behind him

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
kevwun;2326056 said:
2 sacks, 4 tfl and a forced fumble, all while dragging Phil Loadholt behind him

goodness man

now give BigDFan5 hell, do it via PM, it's better

Shady12

Reaction score
He has to get held every play..I mean it's pretty funny. It is scary to think of how many sacks he would have through 6 games if the refs didn't let him get held. Would be well into the double digits.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Biggems;2325882 said:
if he is there when we pick in the late 1st, I would be ecstatic if we drafted him. He has been a beast all year. Today against the vaunted OU OL, he was living in the backfield. He definitely made Loadholt earn his meal stipend this week.

He would be a perfect compliment to Ware and Spencer as a pass rusher.

At this point, he's probably a top 10 pick... he's very strong for his size, not many 260 pounders are benching in the 550 pound range...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2326676 said:
At this point, he's probably a top 10 pick... he's very strong for his size, not many 260 pounders are benching in the 550 pound range...

Maybe we have to see how the rest of the season pans out and see who declares and doesn't declare. I think the #1 DE right is Micheal Johnson from GT.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Shady12;2326161 said:
He has to get held every play..I mean it's pretty funny. It is scary to think of how many sacks he would have through 6 games if the refs didn't let him get held. Would be well into the double digits.

not sure if u are being serious or sarcastic with this one.....

i am not sure about the past games....but he definitely was too much for Loadholt to handle. what this told me was, maybe we wont be able to get Orakpo to fall to us in the 1st, but I definitely dont want LT Phil Loadholt now. He just cant handle the combination of speed and power and in the NFL there are far too many DEs and OLBs with both assets. Loadholt definitely failed in his first true test against a top pass rusher.