De Sean Jackson - free agent - do we go after him

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I know. Still better than Jackson imo.

But not available like Jackson either.

I was bummed that we didn't out in a claim on him when Cleveland released him. We did have him in for a visit during the draft too, so he was definitely in the radar at some point. Instead, the team continued to waste time on Lucky Whitehead, while he not only never developed as a receiver, but got worse as a returner.

:mad:

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
But not available like Jackson either.

I was bummed that we didn't out in a claim on him when Cleveland released him. We did have him in for a visit during the draft too, so he was definitely in the radar at some point. Instead, the team continued to waste time on Lucky Whitehead, while he not only never developed as a receiver, but got worse as a returner.

:mad:
Agree and while it would be hard to do he does bring everything Jackson can do to the table..minus the attitude and club house issues. With that a second round price is high but I would rather them give that up and get Gabriel vs drafting another TE, DE, or project over Jackson. Jackson seems to always get hurt in big games as well...just not a reliable asset imo.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree and while it would be hard to do he does bring everything Jackson can do to the table..minus the attitude and club house issues. With that a second round price is high but I would rather them give that up and get Gabriel vs drafting another TE, DE, or project over Jackson. Jackson seems to always get hurt in big games as well...just not a reliable asset imo.

I find any talk of Desean Jackson and the Cowboys to be a waste of time.

negativecreep

Reaction score
First of all price has to be right.

--------------

Pros - burner who can stretch field , punt returner ( real threat ), weakens rival

Cons - hot dog supreme..... can he handle not being go to guy ( in his mind)

---------------

What do you think ?
No. I've seen players like him before, if he ever has a great play he will spike the ball at the 1 yard line(I remember him doing that in a HS all star game, he did it to us as an eagle but we didn't get the call), he's the definition of a selfish player. He can can hurt your opponents, but he can hurt his team as well. I'll pass. Rather have a less talented but harder working WR.

haleyrules

Reaction score
What Cowboy fan would want a Desean Jackson on the club...almost as sickening as when ole Jerry hired a stinking Ryan to coach the Cowboy defense. Disgusting!!