DE Wiley Jacksonville can you believe it?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
The guy on TV, not sure who.....just mentioned that Jacksonville picked up Marcellus Wiley and they may have the BEST Defensive line in Football.

I am still laughing out loud......Lord help me.....did you Zoner's hear that B.S.?

The only thing Jacksonville did was compromised their salary cap!:laugh2:

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I tihkn this will be the second stupid signing at DE for Jacksonville, and their a team I don't evne dislike really. First Douglas, now Wiley. Wiley hsnt had a good year in 3 yers, we all had dilusions of grandeur when we signed him. I sure did.

lshaver22

Reaction score
Well, when you start with Henderson, Stroud and Hayward, any warm body as your fourth lineman may make you one of the top lines in the league.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
lshaver22 said:
Well, when you start with Henderson, Stroud and Hayward, any warm body as your fourth lineman may make you one of the top lines in the league.

I will give it to you Ishaver22, since 3 outta 4 ain't bad.......however, I guess when I heard Wiley.....I may have over reacted just a little....but, Wiley has to bring them down to #9 overall......hahaha

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I predict Dat Dud will do every bit as much for Jack Del Rio's line as.....

.........Hugh Douglas did.

Reaction score
In the moron announcers' defense, they actually said they may have the deepest line in the league, not the best. They only signed Wiley for less than a million this year, so as a reserve they got an alright deal really.

scottsp

Reaction score
Their DTs make it virtually impossible to run inside on. Hayward was a very nice get by them this offseason. As lshaver mentioned, any big bod with a pulse works just fine. Which, with Wiley, is about what they got.

A very stout unit indeed.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Joshmvii said:
In the moron announcers' defense, they actually said they may have the deepest line in the league, not the best. They only signed Wiley for less than a million this year, so as a reserve they got an alright deal really.

Deepest....ok, my bad.....but, I still say Wiley puts more of a DEEP HOLE in the line.......thanks

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
lshaver22 said:

Agreed. Wiley will stumble up on 6 or 7 sacks playing with these guys.:D

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Wiley is fighting it out with two other dudes. He hasn't made the team yet. But I don't follow him so I don't know where he stands. He may have some in the tank in a different system asking him to do dirrerent things than we did. (he says with his best optimism for Wiley)

50cent

Reaction score
Joshmvii said:
Exactly, deepest not best. Glad someone else heard it the right way.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
I tihkn this will be the second stupid signing at DE for Jacksonville, and their a team I don't evne dislike really. First Douglas, now Wiley. Wiley hsnt had a good year in 3 yers, we all had dilusions of grandeur when we signed him. I sure did.

Wiley willl be a backup and is being paid only $790,000 for one year. Signing a veteran player to fight for a roster spot isn't as bad as giving a 31 year old defensive end a five year contract with a $6,000,000 signing bonus.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Wiley willl be a backup and is being paid only $790,000 for one year. Signing a veteran player to fight for a roster spot isn't as bad as giving a 31 year old defensive end a five year contract with a $6,000,000 signing bonus.

He didnt get a 6 mill bonus

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Wiley was completely absent on the stat sheet tonight. 0 sacks, 0 tackles. He's already in midseason form.

I didn't watch the game tonight, but the Jacksonville fans are already starting to get a little impatient with Hayward because he hasn't did much of anything thus far in their first two preseason games.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
scottsp said:
Their DTs make it virtually impossible to run inside on. Hayward was a very nice get by them this offseason. As lshaver mentioned, any big bod with a pulse works just fine. Which, with Wiley, is about what they got.

A very stout unit indeed.

Except for the pulse part.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Wiley was completely absent on the stat sheet tonight. 0 sacks, 0 tackles. He's already in midseason form.

I didn't watch the game tonight, but the Jacksonville fans are already starting to get a little impatient with Hayward because he hasn't did much of anything thus far in their first two preseason games.

Wiley knows a thing or two about zero's in his stat line!