Dean Blandino is a liar!

Everson24

Reaction score
Dean Blandino was just on NFL network and now he says that the "football move" judgment was indesputable. What a liar! Last night he said there was a gray area as far as the interpretation of the "football move". You can now see that the NFL officiating is getting a lot of questions now on how they could overturn a call on the field that was a referee's judgment. They were totally wrong to overturn the catch and now they are lying to cover it up.

Aven8

Reaction score
I saw him a little bit ago on NFL and you're right. He's full of crap! The play should have never been overturned due to not enough evidence.

This whole getting him invloved from NY is crap anyway. Just let the ref go under the hood like the old days and figure it out on his own. If he gets it wrong it's on him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The rule they applied to the Dez non-catch is about going to the ground to make a catch. That isn't what happened and they know it. Dez made the catch, made a football move and almost scored. The rule applied to this play has nothing to do with this play.

superonyx

Reaction score
I can't speak for everyone else but I am more upset over this play because this Long Island turd keeps defending the call. To me it's bad to get it wrong. It's even worse to keep insulting the fans intelligence by lying.

The league needs to tell this turd to stop this nonsense. Even the people who say they think it wasn't a catch by rule then say it happened only because Dez is such a playmaker that he tried to score (warren sapp). They contradict themselves.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Dean Blandino was just on NFL network and now he says that the "football move" judgment was indesputable. What a liar! Last night he said there was a gray area as far as the interpretation of the "football move". You can now see that the NFL officiating is getting a lot of questions now on how they could overturn a call on the field that was a referee's judgment. They were totally wrong to overturn the catch and now they are lying to cover it up.

I caught that, too. His statement that it was indisputable that there was no "football move" destroyed any credibility he/NFL may have had on the position. Of course, had he said otherwise, it would have made the reversal wrong, so he kind of painted himself into a no win corner.

MagicMan

Reaction score
You know the NFL being questioned is just knawing at them. Kinda reminds you of a hot water situation that came up earlier this season. They keep changing their story and ruling on the overturned call especially that football move part. I agree that the ref right there with his own eyeballs on it claimed it a catch. Do they have indisputable evidence it was not in order to overturn it? If so, let's see it.
Show me he bobbled it when he caught the ball.

And the only time I used that move in life is when I lunged for that last dinner roll at the table. Dez was going for a TD on that move= football move.

Coy

Reaction score
The rule they applied to the Dez non-catch is about going to the ground to make a catch. That isn't what happened and they know it. Dez made the catch, made a football move and almost scored. The rule applied to this play has nothing to do with this play.

Exactly, well said.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
I saw him a little bit ago on NFL and you're right. He's full of crap! The play should have never been overturned due to not enough evidence.

This whole getting him invloved from NY is crap anyway. Just let the ref go under the hood like the old days and figure it out on his own. If he gets it wrong it's on him.

Seriously! Why did they change it? No one EVER had a problem with the ref simply going under the hood and making the call on their own! Even his name annoys me...Dean...BlandEANo. Maybe it's because it rhymes. *******.

bark

Reaction score
How many inches toward the goal line do you have to advance your body before it's considered a "football" move ??????
Geez equip the refs with rulers and protractors I guess......
I'm done with this grap and I wish they would just shut up about it. No one is going to say anything to change my mind about what I saw

yimyammer

Reaction score
Well I think I can safely conclude Steven is not the salesman his father is, whats the point of getting this jack wagon on your party bus and plowing him with hookers and Johnnie Blue if he can't come through for you when you need him?

I guess he didn't take the bribe and opted for over compensating to show the world the Cowboys weren't in his hip pocket.

Bummer

poor attempt at humor, not serious

Last edited:

Danger

Reaction score

Nothing new. The league goes out of their way to remind everyone that the Lions got screwed while they adamantly stand by this horrific call. Those clowns know the rule is idiotic. And they know they were wrong on the call.

nablives

Reaction score
Blandino originally said Dez's lunge toward endzone was "not enough of a football move". Meaning it WAS a football move, just not enough. /

I'm glad you posted that, because that was exactly what I recalled him stating. Now that comment is being questioned, so naturally, time to change the story. No surprise there.

Earlier today Mike Pereira admitted that a "football move" is pretty subjective. Some guys want to see a player dive with the ball in two hands. Some guys don't care. Stuff like that. Basically, the very strict, black and white, objective call they made was actually subjective once you get to Bryant's final action. Looks like they've realized that's being identified and questioned, so now they're attempting to distance themselves from earlier comments.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I hope an exact play like this happens in the super bowl and it is a game-changing play at the end and this clown calls it a catch this time. Please let it happen. I want to see this lying weasel squirm along with the whole NFL.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Another thread about this ?
According to us old heads...he caught the ball. Reality is he was falling when he caught it so he has to maintain control...he didn't. It's really that simple.