Deandre Baker

stilltheguru

Reaction score
This isn't Madden, corners don't need to be 4.4 guys.

The play speed difference between a 4.4 and 4.5 corner is pretty nonexistent.
Show me a great defense with 2 4.5 cbs. Gonna take awhile. And not a cover 3 zone Seattle either. We play man predominantly

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Show me a great defense with 2 4.5 cbs. Gonna take awhile. And not a cover 3 zone Seattle either. We play man predominantly
Pitt and Chicago for starters. But the fact that some teams play zone makes the point that you don't always need fast corners, you don't get to just wave them away.

But it doesn't matter. There's no play difference between a guy who runs a 4.45 and 4.5.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Id take a look at him because he was good enough to be selected in the 1st round and was cut because of other reasons than play.

timb2

Reaction score

timb2

Reaction score
Fast corners dont always make it

Brian Simmons 4.29

Teddy William's sprint champion

reddyuta

Reaction score
no thanks.he was abused by our WRs when he played,dude was on his way to be a bust.

Hardline

Reaction score
Deandre Baker isn't in the 2021 draft,
This is the draft zone.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Lol um you guys need to really read up on the guy.
I'm sure he will have alot to prove and yes I might give him a shot next year at the Slot spot. But this dude needs some learning.

Several Scouts from several teams and I quote.
"DUMB AS DIRT" When talking about Baker.
Has zero work ethic.
Js
We need a hooked on Phenix guy to be with him a personal motivater and a security guy employed with this guy at all time.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Here in NY he was a problem from the onset. Late and fell asleep in meetings, claimed he didn't know the playbook mid-season, loafed on the field. Hard pass!!
People on here hate Jerry but they fall in love with names just like he does

Cowboyny

Reaction score
People on here hate Jerry but they fall in love with names just like he does

Many people look at where a player was drafted. Trust me if he was such a good player, the Giants would of kept his rights and see how the legal side would of played out.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think 4.5 is pretty standard for corners though isn’t it?

Sub 4.5 is the benchmark for me...I looked a year or so ago at the top CBs in NFL and a very high percentage of them ran a sub 4.5 at the combine.

Granted there are other elements that go into being a great CB, but top end speed goes a long way in recovering from a mistake to catch up to a WR.

It's also scheme dependant. If you told me we're going to zone only scheme moving forward I'd care a lot less but I don't think that is the case.