Dear Larry

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Block someone!

235-707-oly_full.56627798rm017_pro_bowl.jpg

aikemirv

Reaction score
I am not sure where his man is on this play but it looks to me that he is in the right position and looking at the right place( Freeney) if he were to get free, so while I agree at times he looks like he has lost his man, I am not sure this picture is a good example!!!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
aikemirv said:
I am not sure where his man is on this play but it looks to me that he is in the right position and looking at the right place( Freeney) if he were to get free, so while I agree at times he looks like he has lost his man, I am not sure this picture is a good example!!!
I agree except maybe he should be looking towards the LOS :D

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
I seen the play. Allen lost his man on a stunt, but no one else came his way. I don't blame him, he would have had to come across the line to find someone rushing. I could see if Hampton blew him out of the way, but that wasn't the case. They ran away from him, a common technique used against Allen throughout his career.

rcaldw

Reaction score
No matter what Larry was doing, that IS A GREAT PHOTOGRAPH. Was this a personal photo or off a news service?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
rcaldw said:
No matter what Larry was doing, that IS A GREAT PHOTOGRAPH. Was this a personal photo or off a news service?

Yahoo Sports nfl pics section.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun said:
Evidence of attempted blocking!

235-599-oly_full.56627798rm018_pro_bowl.jpg
Nice to see the big uglies getting some camera time... :)

The photographer should've gotten some good $$ for this one.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Larry is doing exactly what he should be doing in that photo. At the snap, he briefly blocked Stroud, who stunted to the other side of the center. He looked for a blitzer, then turned to see if Freeney was going inside Samuels, in which case he could help block Freeney. You can't always be blocking someone, when there's nobody to block.

You should be telling Mike Wahle to block someone, since he's the one getting beaten by Hampton for a sack.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Larry is doing exactly what he should be doing in that photo. At the snap, he briefly blocked Stroud, who stunted to the other side of the center. He looked for a blitzer, then turned to see if Freeney was going inside Samuels, in which case he could help block Freeney. You can't always be blocking someone, when there's nobody to block.

You should be telling Mike Wahle to block someone, since he's the one getting beaten by Hampton for a sack.
Nah that's Dunn's job all 180 lbs of him :D

superpunk

Reaction score
well, there's noone there to block....he's just holding down the fort. looks like a pretty nice pocket, to me. wish Drew could have seen some of those this year.

ravidubey

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:

It's useless Adam, but thanks for trying. Mike Wahle and Steve Hutchinson are Gods on the football field, Larry Allen is fat, lazy, and useless, and the grass is always greener elsewhere. :rolleyes:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
It's useless Adam, but thanks for trying. Mike Wahle and Steve Hutchinson are Gods on the football field, Larry Allen is fat, lazy, and useless, and the grass is always greener elsewhere.

Wahle allowed a sack yesterday, and Hutchinson allowed half a sack (Stroud beat Hutchinson for half a sack, as Derrick Burgess beat Walter Jones for the other half). Larry didn't allow any sacks.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Wahle allowed a sack yesterday, and Hutchinson allowed half a sack (Stroud beat Hutchinson for half a sack, as Derrick Burgess beat Walter Jones for the other half). Larry didn't allow any sacks.

I thought, what his name Commanders OT also got beat for two sacks didn't he or was it only one?

conner01

Reaction score
looks to me he is exactly where he should be. hs guy stunted out, so he looked to see if fweeny was gonna try to come inside. what do ypu want him to do? if he runs back to fweeny then there is a huge hole in the los, where he is seems the right place to block dwight if he comes back inside. some just love bashinmg larry allen

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
My post was decidedly tongue-in-cheek. I don't need lectures on blocking techniques from so-called salary cap "experts" or anyone else. Chill.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Dear Larry -

Ignore this thread.

Our appologies for our forum armchair QB's who think they know.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
bbgun said:
My post was decidedly tongue-in-cheek. I don't need lectures on blocking techniques from so-called salary cap "experts" or anyone else. Chill.

For the record. Adam has never once said in his entire history w/ this board that he was any kind of expert on anything. People enjoy that he understands the formulas of the cap. They enjoy that he takes the time to break it down for them. Thats why folks ASK him.

So maybe - you chill. :laugh1: