Dear NFL: Bring back the Fun League

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
I miss the fun of the NFL this year. Pro Football can be such a blast and there are a few things missing.

First I miss the celebrations. I may be called oldschool but I have zero problem with anyone celebrating a touchdown. I like it. I even like it when the flamboyant receivers do it, though I prefer the team celebrations the best.

Don't get me wrong. I hate taunting and have zero tolerance for spitting. It's butt-ugly to see a player put a ball in the face of a defender. But happiness is a touchdown and a touchdown is happiness. The league should let em dance.

I love camaraderie. Wasn't it joy to watch the 90's Cowboys because though they had off-the-field demons you could tell that Emmitt, Michael, Daryl and Troy enjoyed each other and respected each other. You could tell they would go to war for each other. It's great to see guys who might come from different backgrounds and who have different skin color unite to play and enjoy the game.

And they had some FUNNY guys. Nate was hysterical. Troy had a dry sense of humor. Michael was always cutting up.

So let me ask you, honestly: what fun is PacMan, beside his toy name? And what is fun about a guy who brings hate, disunity and who's signature is "Love me some me"? What a downer!

Jerry Jones is no fun. Someone who makes petty, angry, defiant comments after a home victory? Someone who perpetually lies? No fun. Someone who disses Marion Barber? No fun. TO? Owens saps a lot of fun out of that locker room. The cliques and prejudices he inspires? No fun. Personalities that would otherwise flourish--wilt. You can surely know that pressure and fighting ain't fun for the players. That shows on the field.

Tony Romo is maybe the funnest guy in the league today. He's engaging, laughing, joking---he's PLAYING. Most of that is just his natural personality, as it was with Nate or Michael. But it's FUN. I wish there were more like Irvin, Newton and Romo in the league today. I wish the league owners would realize that corruption isn't any fun.