Decade-long track record under-investing in team suggests Jones family is not in it to win it

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Said it for years, Stephen's influence is running this primarily as a business, focusing on profit margin and just hoping tehy luck into wins.

1942willys

Reaction score
Now if they did not have the billions one could justify penny pinching to a degree. But for the richest sports franchise there is....

Greedy misers

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The Cowboys have one of lowest cash spends of all teams in league over last decade.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...hen-jones-family-cash-spend-prorate-contracts
I think the fact that they've given out some monster contracts to some of their own players (Dak, Elliott, Lawrence, etc.) shows that this is a philosophical choice. Once they made up their mind that free agency wasn't worth it as far as bringing in players goes because the cost exceeds the production that has permeated their decision-making. They can make their quarterback and running back the highest-paid players at their positions (at the time), but pay more than a couple million, forget about it.

Sydla

Reaction score
If they win a SB it will be out of sheer, dumb luck.

They clearly aren't trying to win as much as some of the fanbase thinks. The fact they were businessmen first should have been the clue. They don't manipulate the cap to get better like say Philly. They manipulate the cap to appear always cap strapped so they can siphon off as much cash from the Cowboys as possible.

They are frauds and the next time anyone tries to convince themselves Jerry will do whatever it takes to win, disabuse yourself of that notion.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Said it for years, Stephen's influence is running this primarily as a business, focusing on profit margin and just hoping tehy luck into wins.
Makes you wonder as soon as Jerry croaks....Stephen sells it all. I can see it....I don't think his heart is into it...and as long as Stephen can pocket money....while still putting out the deception that he cares....He's just buy time to make daddy happy.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Makes you wonder as soon as Jerry croaks....Stephen sells it all. I can see it....I don't think his heart is into it...and as long as Stephen can pocket money....while still putting out the deception that he cares....He's just buy time to make daddy happy.
The Cowboys presence makes all of the other business deals possible.

The heart isn't in it because the mind is incapable. He can't negotiate deals with players (without leverage) so he's created a narrative and environment that excuses his inability.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I’ve said it all along it’s about real money. The cap is strictly accounting and all the teams no how to manage and exploit it. The fact is no team is close to pocketing the real revenue that this team is taking in. As long as that remains the case, nothing will change.