December Cowboys and Romo

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
one time is freakish, twice is abnormal, three times is plain unlucky, but 9, 10, 11 years or whatever it is, is just the plain truth.

Dallas falters in December

Romo falters in December

There will be a new coach next year. There will be no playoffs this year as no matter what happens tomorrow, the Cowboys WILL NOT beat the Eagles next week.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Dallaslullaby

Reaction score
give romo time and he makes plays

He has been hit so many times in the past few weeks, he would probably rather put himself on IR

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
This season had nothing to do with December. We couldn't get it done all season long in games that mattered.

Washington came in and beat us in our own building.

The St. Louis Rams beat us handily with one of the bottom 3 teams in football.

We couldn't beat the Arizona Cardinals, who can't beat anyone outside of their pitiful division.

Chalk it up to "December" if it makes you feel better about buying into the media and BSPN, but we played two games against top defenses in the NFL in December and a tough game against the World Champion Giants. We turned out okay relatively speaking so far, but we shouldn't have lost at least 3 other games this season.

We came out, dropped a stink bomb in our own building in it's farewell game, and looked like a high school team tonight.

Someone fire Jason Garrett - absolutely pitiful playcalling. It shouldn't take a second-rate offense scoring 33 points on you before you realize that you should change your playcalling to a more aggressive style and all of a sudden receivers get open!? It's not like The Ravens were doing ANYTHING different defensively.

We stink. Period, paragraph. And we don't deserve to make the playoffs. And that's strong coming from me, because I've been a positive voice and a cheerleader for this team every week when everyone else was calling to trade everyone and fire everyone. We absolutely stink.

bellechase

Reaction score
Romo does has had his chance to prove himself against 2 very good defenses and laid an egg in both games.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
This year, in December, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have to face the #1, #2, #3, and #7 defenses?

I'd say that THIS YEAR would be more of a result of a schedule than in the past. Last year, we didn't NEED any games in December, and you have to admit that we DID shut it down with a couple of games left in the season last year. We pulled alot of starters against Washington last year.....we shouldn't have done that, but all of this talk would be moot had we played like we needed those games last year....

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Romo is not THE reason but its obviously he is part of the problem. he just ]makes way too many boneheaded plays that just kill the offense...

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
our pathetic coaches don't reel him in or give Romo a chance.

he fizzles because of EXACTLY what mooch said... stands on his head early then gets worn & over-confident/cocky.

without real coaches this is what happens

december collapses.

Joe Realist;2510741 said:
one time is freakish, twice is abnormal, three times is plain unlucky, but 9, 10, 11 years or whatever it is, is just the plain truth.

Dallas falters in December

Romo falters in December

There will be a new coach next year. There will be no playoffs this year as no matter what happens tomorrow, the Cowboys WILL NOT beat the Eagles next week.

Merry Christmas everyone.

gmb85

Reaction score
The entire team collapses in December, not just Romo. He almost saved us but the defense went gutless on us. Way to piss on the star guys.

Aikbach

Reaction score
I stated before it was high time to blow up the team in a number of areas and tonight spelled it out.

New safeties, mostly new receivers, new coaches, new defensives ends.

Gone Hamlin
Gone Watkins
No Davis starts

Gone Spears
Gone Ellis
Gone Carpenter

Gone Henry

Gone Adams

Gone TO

Gone Garrett
Gone Stewart
Gone Read

Gone Phillips

Think long and hard about Romo, I put him on the fence as he looks more like Danny White or Bernie Kosar with the passing weeks.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
casmith07;2510817 said:
This season had nothing to do with December. We couldn't get it done all season long in games that mattered.

Washington came in and beat us in our own building.

The St. Louis Rams beat us handily with one of the bottom 3 teams in football.

We couldn't beat the Arizona Cardinals, who can't beat anyone outside of their pitiful division.

Chalk it up to "December" if it makes you feel better about buying into the media and BSPN, but we played two games against top defenses in the NFL in December and a tough game against the World Champion Giants. We turned out okay relatively speaking so far, but we shouldn't have lost at least 3 other games this season.

We came out, dropped a stink bomb in our own building in it's farewell game, and looked like a high school team tonight.

Someone fire Jason Garrett - absolutely pitiful playcalling. It shouldn't take a second-rate offense scoring 33 points on you before you realize that you should change your playcalling to a more aggressive style and all of a sudden receivers get open!? It's not like The Ravens were doing ANYTHING different defensively.

We stink. Period, paragraph. And we don't deserve to make the playoffs. And that's strong coming from me, because I've been a positive voice and a cheerleader for this team every week when everyone else was calling to trade everyone and fire everyone. We absolutely stink.
Your points are good, but when they HAD to win, they DID NOT. And it happened to be in DECEMBER!

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Joe Realist;2510972 said:
Your points are good, but when they HAD to win, they DID NOT. And it happened to be in DECEMBER!

If we'd take care of business throughout the season, beating sorry teams when we should, we could go 2-2 in December and finish 11-5 or 12-4.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
How many more chances does Romo deserve? How many chokes? How many big games where he is a liability?

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Hells bells guys the Ravens have a freakin ROOKIE QB and came in and shoved it right down our throats.

If you can't beat the good teams you don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Romo isn't a championship QB. But he's not alone in that area.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Dallaslullaby;2510762 said:
give romo time and he makes plays

He has been hit so many times in the past few weeks, he would probably rather put himself on IR
he had time and a wide open Austin ....