News: Deebo in Dallas: Samuel Wants 49ers Trade

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would only do it if we send Lamb. No point in trading for Deebo to add to Lamb, Tolbert, Washington and Gallup.
not a bad idea, except I would not go for deebo, but some other player we need, or trade lamb now and get a # 1 pick for him.
if no one wants him that would be telling. you could then back out of the trade if you wanted to. it would be a good way
to see if any other teams value lamb as much as jones boys do.

Right now lamb is the biggest name we could trade for picks or a good player, and easily get by without him. And we avoid having to pay him the big payday.

I like deebo with SF, but it/he would not be the same here with cowboys. Kellen is not a run guy anyway, so it would be a waste to
get deebo.And if deebo doesnt like doing the running, even worse.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I find it interesting around here, you guys rip on Jerry and Stephen with we "like our guys" and Dallas needs to take a page for the Rams and be active in trades and FA yet will sit here and comment on not wanting to make a bid for Deebo? I think many here just like to complain, Dallas is damned if they do an damned if the don't.

I said the exact same thing a few days ago.

Bates

Reaction score
not a bad idea, except I would not go for deebo, but some other player we need, or trade lamb now and get a # 1 pick for him.
if no one wants him that would be telling. you could then back out of the trade if you wanted to. it would be a good way

Right now lamb is the biggest name we could trade for picks or a good player, and easily get by without him. And we avoid having to pay him the big payday.

I like deebo with SF, but it/he would not be the same here with cowboys. Kellen is not a run guy anyway, so it would be a waste to

What? Go to bed.

Flamma

Reaction score

It's going to be interesting to see what the Cowboys do in regard to Lamb and Diggs after this season. Pay one, both? A lot will depend on how they do this year. But if they're dead set on not paying one of them, trading them after their 3rd year would get the most value. Me personally, I'd pay Diggs and let Lamb play out 5 years.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's going to be interesting to see what the Cowboys do in regard to Lamb and Diggs after this season. Pay one, both? A lot will depend on how they do this year. But if they're dead set on not paying one of them, trading them after their 3rd year would get the most value. Me personally, I'd pay Diggs and let Lamb play out 5 years.
I haven't seen enough from Lamb to warrant a large contract. Of course, I'm a bit biased as I didn't approve of drafting him w/ so many dire needs staring us in the face. I prolly would've traded back.

However, we seem to suddenly be getting it, drafting some big strong tough mofos!!!

Flamma

Reaction score
I haven't seen enough from Lamb to warrant a large contract. Of course, I'm a bit biased as I didn't approve of drafting him w/ so many dire needs staring us in the face. I prolly would've traded back.

However, we seem to suddenly be getting it, drafting some big strong tough mofos!!!

Yeah I can't see paying Lamb 25M a year. He'd have to look like Randy Moss for that to happen. But you know Jerry. He loves his players. This will be a very interesting season.

Flamma

Reaction score
"But you know Jerry. He is a idiot". that is more accurate.

A lot of it is timing. It really doesn't matter how many you pay. Just don't have the big cap hits come at the same time. Zeke, Tyrone, and probably tank will be off the books before any big cap hits come from Diggs or Lamb.

Flamma

Reaction score
So you don't think Moore can find Niners film from last season?

LOL!!! I had to laugh when I read this. Yep, how to utilize him is right there on tape.

I honestly think the Cowboys are accumulating cap space to roll over so that they don't have to restructure Dak again and still have some money to spend for the rookies. So most of the money is going towards Dak next year. They have enough big contracts coming up, they don't want another.

This is both good and bad. Good that we're not pushing forward 30M to the void years. Bad that Dak will be well over 20% of the cap. We'll see how it works out.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FRISCO - San Francisco 49ers receiver Deebo Samuel apparently still wants to be traded. And instead of showing up at his team’s OTAs, he just showed up in Dallas….

Hanging out, at least for a moment, with Cowboys QB Dak Prescott.

Samuel is entering the final year of his rookie contract and is hoping to be paid top dollar before the start of the 2022 season.

Additionally, it appears that Samuel likes the idea of being associated with the Cowboys as earlier this off-season he “liked” a tweet suggesting he make his way to America's Team.

What to make of “Deebo in Dallas”?

LOOK - Deebo in Dallas: Samuel Wants 49ers Trade, Hangs with Cowboys QB Dak Prescott - FanNation Dallas Cowboys News, Analysis and More
The chances of this happening is......................

animal-house-zero-point-zero.gif

https://encrypted-tbn3.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXh6wix1nemAvLxj5s0YFkjfaK1qF21LlqeFi-eQgoSUYCod3r

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes so true.
Nothing would surprise ever again.
You know, something this crazy is just the stuff Jerry might do. Makes no financial sense, but boy would it be fun to watch
If that happened, it would mean that one of Jerry or Stephen Jones literally killed the other.
- Then 1 is dead and the other is in jail.
- Once Jerry Jr. takes over, fans will be begging to have Jerry or Stephen back...

ShortRound

Reaction score
Dallas and Jerry are always brought up but we’re just a negotiating tactic for players.

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
He doesn’t want to playRB any more. That’s why he threatened to leave the Farty Niners. That’s what he meant about he didn’t like the way he was used.

Think there is more to it than this.

Deebo loved how he was used by Niners all last season up to last playoff game.

Deebo and Niners were all hearts and flowers then.

Something cataclysmic happened between then and now.

Truck

Reaction score
Think there is more to it than this.

Deebo loved how he was used by Niners all last season up to last playoff game.

Deebo and Niners were all hearts and flowers then.

Something cataclysmic happened between then and now.
I’m guessing he doesn’t want to take all the pounding carrying the rock. RBs don’t last as long in the NFL as WRs. Playing a whole season playing the way he does probably took it’s toll and made him change his outlook on how he wants to be used

Reactions: BAT