Twitter: Deebo Samuels asks 49ers for Trade

Aven8

Reaction score
Moore would have him running button hooks and a patented reverse on 3rd and 8………..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We already know the FO isn't going to do anything with this. I think Deebo Samuel is going to go to either Chicago, Cincinnati, or New England. Chicago doesn't have a 1st this year, but I could see them pulling a Rams. With Rodgers at his age and Justin Fields at the helm, Samuel would give Chicago a speedy WR that Fields would enjoy using. This could allow Chicago to compete with Chicago now and take over when Rodgers is gone.

In the case of the Bengals, they've got more ammo, and I think he'd give Burrow that one weapon that can put him from having completed in the SB to someone who should be favoured.

As for the Patriots, this be a total Bill B move, especially with Mac Jones' at the helm.

The dark horse team I could see is Philadelphia. I hate this option and feel dirty for saying this. That said, they always dig up cap space out of nowhere and they need WR in the worst way.

Carson

Reaction score
Here we go … him liking a photo being photoshopped in Dallas jersey lol. His agent knows the game and he will locked up tomorrow lol

Flamma

Reaction score
We already know the FO isn't going to do anything with this. I think Deebo Samuel is going to go to either Chicago, Cincinnati, or New England. Chicago doesn't have a 1st this year, but I could see them pulling a Rams. With Rodgers at his age and Justin Fields at the helm, Samuel would give Chicago a speedy WR that Fields would enjoy using. This could allow Chicago to compete with Chicago now and take over when Rodgers is gone.

In the case of the Bengals, they've got more ammo, and I think he'd give Burrow that one weapon that can put him from having completed in the SB to someone who should be favoured.

As for the Patriots, this be a total Bill B move, especially with Mac Jones' at the helm.

The dark horse team I could see is Philadelphia. I hate this option and feel dirty for saying this. That said, they always dig up cap space out of nowhere and they need WR in the worst way.

It would be cool to see him on the Bengals. But they better fix that OL.

The Patriots could use him. But more often than not, Bill usually trades players like this over paying them. That's what he did with Cooks, right?

The Bears and Eagles. In my opinion both QBs need a strong run game. Fields and Hurts are first read/run quarterbacks. They don't read defenses. They don't scan the field, and never step up in the pocket to deliver a pass. If the first read isn't there, they're either going to break the pocket for more time, or take off down field.

Can these guys improve? Probably, but by how much, and when? For the life of me I don't understand why teams keep drafting these QBs. You'll see another do it this year with Malik Willis.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It would be cool to see him on the Bengals. But they better fix that OL.

The Patriots could use him. But more often than not, Bill usually trades players like this over paying them. That's what he did with Cooks, right?

The Bears and Eagles. In my opinion both QBs need a strong run game. Fields and Hurts are first read/run quarterbacks. They don't read defenses. They don't scan the field, and never step up in the pocket to deliver a pass. If the first read isn't there, they're either going to break the pocket for more time, or take off down field.

Can these guys improve? Probably, but by how much, and when? For the life of me I don't understand why teams keep drafting these QBs. You'll see another do it this year with Malik Willis.

I agree about Chicago and the Eagles. That said, I think both would still be well in the running. For one thing, I'm not sure the Eagles keep Hurts beyond this year. They have 2 firsts this year and next year. So, they have plenty of ammo for Samuel and a rookie QB (luckily, their GM is crap at QB Evaluation). The Bears don't have quite the ammo, but I still think Fields would be better if he had Samuel. He would have a reliable WR. Their current WR group is crap.

Flamma

Reaction score
I agree about Chicago and the Eagles. That said, I think both would still be well in the running. For one thing, I'm not sure the Eagles keep Hurts beyond this year. They have 2 firsts this year and next year. So, they have plenty of ammo for Samuel and a rookie QB (luckily, their GM is crap at QB Evaluation). The Bears don't have quite the ammo, but I still think Fields would be better if he had Samuel. He would have a reliable WR. Their current WR group is crap.

Especially the Eagles. I too think Hurts is done after this year. But the Eagles have multiple avenues. They could draft a QB. Some say Kyle Hamilton might drop. Imagine if the Eagles got Jordan Davis and Kyle Hamilton? I'd much rather them draft a QB or trade for Deebo.

CWR

Reaction score
It's always about the money with players no matter what they say.

They should just admit it and stop using excuses.

Well yes, if he keeps running the ball he won't last as long and consequently won't make as much money. I agree 100%

CWR

Reaction score

I haven't followed it more than checking in on this thread occasionally, but I'd he shocked if the 9ers let him go. I hope that is what happens though.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Especially the Eagles. I too think Hurts is done after this year. But the Eagles have multiple avenues. They could draft a QB. Some say Kyle Hamilton might drop. Imagine if the Eagles got Jordan Davis and Kyle Hamilton? I'd much rather them draft a QB or trade for Deebo.

I don't think they go QB this year. The class next year should be better. With the 1st round picks they have they might see fit to wait until next year on that. As such, my thinking is they may package both 1sts this year and maybe a 5th for Samuel and then go QB next year.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I haven't followed it more than checking in on this thread occasionally, but I'd he shocked if the 9ers let him go. I hope that is what happens though.

I'd rather he stay in SFO than go to Philly. I was more or less thinking of logical options for him to go if SFO accepts his request.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't think they go QB this year. The class next year should be better. With the 1st round picks they have they might see fit to wait until next year on that. As such, my thinking is they may package both 1sts this year and maybe a 5th for Samuel and then go QB next year.

That's actually a very good idea if the players they like don't fall to them in the draft. They have two first rounders next year. They can easily move up for a QB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That's actually a very good idea if the players they like don't fall to them in the draft. They have two first rounders next year. They can easily move up for a QB.

Exactly. And both 1sts this year should do it. Especially with the WR class this year. The 49ers could use the picks to replace Deebo, meanwhile Philly gets a player that they desperately need. Meanwhile, if I'm Jerry seeing this possibly happening, I'm getting another corner early this year. Not 1st as we need oline this year, but my 2nd round pick is likely the best CB we can get round 2 to counter this possibility from Philly. Especially if they then go QB next year, and they could use their 1sts next year to move up for a top 5 QB in the draft.